By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nikoderiko, a Crash/DKC inspired platformer, out now

Announced earlier this year and featuring music from David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) the game will launch on Switch, PS5, and Xbox Series on the 15th of October.

As a big fan of both the DKC and Crash Bandicoot games, this looks right up my alley; definitely picking it up if its as good as it looks.

Around the Network

What an interesting name lol but looks like a great time!

As usual for those saying the AA market has nothing. Here you go, another nice looking platformer!
Honestly, it's been sooo long since I played a DKC type game that I might feel tempted to get it(physical if possible) after I get through the games I'm in getting in October.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Looks good. Gameplay looks good. But what's with that name? It' hard to remember and doesn't sound cool.

Maybe it will suffice until Nintendo finally realizes the need for a NEW Donkey Kong Country game, instead of just releasing a barely remastered version of DKC Returns.

Around the Network

The game is out now:

I took it for a spin last night and played most of the first world.

On the whole, my impressions were very positive. It's vibrant and beautiful, the controls/physics feel good, the music is fabulous as per usual from David Wise, levels are well constructed, and while it wears its influences on its sleeve, its definitely more love letter than plagiarism.

My only issues are that the Switch version is in a bit of a rough state at the moment, with very long load times and some hitching. The good news is, I contacted the devs and they say a patch to fix this is already at Nintendo for approval; they were hoping it would be ready for launch, but Nintendo apparently take longer with this stuff than Sony/MS.

So while I would heartily recommend it to any fan of classic platformers, I'd say if you plan to buy it for Switch, hold back until the patch goes live.

curl-6 said:

The game is out now:

I took it for a spin last night and played most of the first world.

On the whole, my impressions were very positive. It's vibrant and beautiful, the controls/physics feel good, the music is fabulous as per usual from David Wise, levels are well constructed, and while it wears its influences on its sleeve, its definitely more love letter than plagiarism.

My only issues are that the Switch version is in a bit of a rough state at the moment, with very long load times and some hitching. The good news is, I contacted the devs and they say a patch to fix this is already at Nintendo for approval; they were hoping it would be ready for launch, but Nintendo apparently take longer with this stuff than Sony/MS.

So while I would heartily recommend it to any fan of classic platformers, I'd say if you plan to buy it for Switch, hold back until the patch goes live.

Definitely on my radar. This game looks like so much fun. We are getting Mario party and I have Epic Mickey and The Lost Squire to finish first. Then I’ll get this one. Astro Bot put me into a platforming mood. 

Looks neat!

Any word on a physical release?

KLXVER said:

Any word on a physical release?

No word yet; if that changes I will post it here. :)