By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Big 3 Quarterly/Annual Results for shipments to date & projections

Profit confirmed.....yeah baby!

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnings/FY09/earn_rel_q1_09.mspx

Around the Network
TheTruthHurts! said:

Yep

But Market Cap of MS has fallen below 200B . Now it stands at 199B

so definitely it is nothing but a temporary relief

If windows 7 flops then MS might go the way of GM/FORD

Thats a pretty sweet first two lines of that link...

"Microsoft Reports Record First-Quarter Revenue

Revenue surpasses $15 billion with healthy sales of enterprise software and Xbox 360 consoles"

lwhatee said:
TheTruthHurts! said:

Yep

But Market Cap of MS has fallen below 200B . Now it stands at 199B

so definitely it is nothing but a temporary relief

If windows 7 flops then MS might go the way of GM/FORD

Oh, come-on, MS revenue up 15bil+.  Though I appreciate your perspective, looking to cast shadows on what I consider great news, seems a bit harsh.  Cant you just be happy, and not troll this, or is that too much to ask. 

So how much money have they made on the Xbox 360 now? *I.E. how much of their losses have been offset?*

Tease.

Around the Network

22.5m Xbox 360s shipped through September 30, 2008.

Sony & Nintendo results come next week.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

By the way, the infamous quote that "PS2 has sold 140m" was clearly a mistake.

Sony itself put PS2 lifetime shipments at 131.2m "to date" here. I'm absolutely convinced now the 140m in the article above in quotes was just a typo since it was written in July, while the one that says 131.2m was written today and is either referring to shipments through Sept (which Sony would know before it releases its earnings) or June (which is more likely).

PSP is at 41.3m shipped through June 30 which is what we had before (although Sony said 41.56m before...it was probably just the timing of the week...i.e. June 26 vs. July 2 or something) and PS3 at 14.4m we had before.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

By the way, the infamous quote that "PS2 has sold 140m" was clearly a mistake.

Sony itself put PS2 lifetime shipments at 131.2m "to date" here. I'm absolutely convinced now the 140m in the article  above quotes was just a typo since it was written in July, while the one that says 131.2m was written today and is either referring to shipments through Sept (which Sony would know before it releases or earnings) or June (which is more likely).

PSP is at 41.3m shipped through June 30 which is what we had before (although Sony said 41.56m before...it was probably just the timing of the week...i.e. June 26 vs. July 2 or something) and PS3 at 14.4m we had before.

Sonys japan site puts production shipments and sold to retail data at 133.13 for the end of Q1, Q1 shipment was 1.51.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_sale_e.html

The 1.51m is for April to June 2008. So like I said...dont know whether the 131.2m is through June or Sept. But either way PS2 wasnt at 140m through June 2008 and that was what Kaz was mistakenly saying/quoted as saying in the post (and link) above.

- Lao Tzu

I really wish we had more solid data on the 360 department of MS.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.