By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Big 3 Quarterly/Annual Results for shipments to date & projections

dbot said:
crho said:
bumidan said:
Anybody know if there are details about the EDD division like in previous earnings releases?

Right now, its just numbers.

Previously, there were some data
eg.
shipped __ number of xbox
R&D increased by $x million
etc...

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/download/FY09/Q1-09_10Q.doc

Entertainment and Devices Division (“EDD”) offerings include the Xbox 360 platform (which includes the Microsoft Xbox video game console system, Xbox 360 video games, Xbox Live, and Xbox 360 accessories), the Zune digital music and entertainment platform, PC software games, online games and services, Mediaroom (our Internet protocol television software), the Surface computing platform, mobile and embedded device platforms, and other devices. EDD leads the development efforts for our line of consumer software and hardware products including application software for Apple’s Macintosh computers and Microsoft PC hardware products, and is responsible for all retail sales and marketing for Microsoft Office and the Windows operating systems.

Why is retail office and xp/vista in EDD? 

I read it as they saying that EDD manages the retail sales and marketing but the revenue gets accounted under the proper division. They probably do that so there's just one MS salesman per shop instead of a sales guy for xbox things, a second guy for xp and a third guy for office.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

With 2.43m PS3 shipped in Q2 Tretton's "shipments up 100% in this FY" comment turned out to be pretty accurate. Great PSP & PS2 shipments too.

Profits took a big hit, losing Y39.5b, that's around $400m. With the strong Yen they could struggle in Q3 too.

CY Q3 Shipments (LTD):

PSP: 3.18m (44.5m)
PS2: 2.5m (133.8m)
PS3: 2.43m (16.84m)
360: 2.2m (22.5m)

The top two spots will be revealed in Nintendo's Earnings Release tomorrow.

Those PSP shipments don't add up against what the Sony guru said in the Game Daily article which is weird because the PS2 & PS3 shipments do match up perfectly

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Forgot to post Microsoft's from the other thread:

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Those PSP shipments don't add up against what the Sony guru said in the Game Daily article which is weird because the PS2 & PS3 shipments do match up perfectly

Thanks, was a typo, fixed now.

BKK2 said:

Profits took a big hit, losing Y39.5b, that's around $400m. With the strong Yen they could struggle in Q3 too.

It says Q2 income so I thought they made money not losses...heh I should read more carefully :P

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

PS3 2.43
Xbox 360 2.2

Im kinda surprise that the ps3 shipped more than the 360 because in Sept. the 360 had a huge price cut.

PSN ID: getrdone25

silverlunar777 said:
BKK2 said:

It says Q2 income so I thought they made money not losses...heh I should read more carefully :P

Well, they had an operating income, the only problem is that it was negative :p

getrdone said:

PS3 2.43
Xbox 360 2.2

Im kinda surprise that the ps3 shipped more than the 360 because in Sept. the 360 had a huge price cut.

Yeah, but price cut was near the end of the quarter, and Sony had to refill the channel with the new 80Gb after depleting the 40Gb in the previous quarter. Next quarter will be interesting as it will be the first full quarter of price cuts and hardware revisions.