By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Bandorr said:

A Bit pricey but not really a concern.
You can always wait and it gets cheaper.
Probably good PS5 trade ins for those select people.

Ooooof. Just came across this

Around the Network

If I could pay 700 USD I'd maybe consider buying it in a year, but with taxes the price in Brazil is likely to be ~1300 USD, which is the price of a PC. It's better to buy a PC, I was planning to get one next year to play Civ VI

EpicRandy said:

Lol it looks like I was right on with the price prediction back in March

Sony and Microsoft's actions since the pandemic ended are screaming they want to do away with the subsidized model and make a decent premium from the get-go on every unit.

We might find this too expensive now but I suspect this will be kind of default by next-gen.

Yup, I honestly don't care. Switch still 300 USD with 2017 tec, it's my benchmark for true overpriced tec. I think console prices are quite cheap still, considering the value they provide. It's a machine that will run for at least 7 years, and I play more than 20 hours a week

Services and games in other hand are quite expensive for me. I've just paid 70 USD in Astrobot and I will get maybe 12 hours of gameplay which I can finish in a weekend. It's too expensive for a short game. I'm just focusing in long games, because I can't buy more than one game a month

IcaroRibeiro said:
EpicRandy said:

Sony and Microsoft's actions since the pandemic ended are screaming they want to do away with the subsidized model and make a decent premium from the get-go on every unit.

We might find this too expensive now but I suspect this will be kind of default by next-gen.

Yup, I honestly don't care. Switch still 300 USD with 2017 tec, it's my benchmark for true overpriced tec. I think console prices are quite cheap still, considering the value they provide. It's a machine that will run for at least 7 years, and I play more than 20 hours a week

Services and games in other hand are quite expensive for me. I've just paid 70 USD in Astrobot and I will get maybe 12 hours of gameplay which I can finish in a weekend. It's too expensive for a short game. I'm just focusing in long games, because I can't buy more than one game a month

Funny thing is that Switch is actually running on 2014 tech. I remember all the talk about how, despite still underpowered, out of date the Switch already was. And STILL selling at that same price.

Well, Civ 7 will definitely be one of those long games. If you're into those kinds of games, check out Ara: History Untold or even Endless Space 2 when you get your PC.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Bandorr said:

A Bit pricey but not really a concern.
You can always wait and it gets cheaper.
Probably good PS5 trade ins for those select people.

Ooooof. Just came across this

PS4 pro was $175 with the trade in of the PS4 launch in 2016 and that gave you 4k letterbox and hdr compared to the 1080p on the launch ps4.  Buying the PS5 pro and trading in the PS5 launch disc costs $490 without a disc so $570 if you want the detachable disc.

Around the Network

$700? Ouch. And no disc drive included? So $780 for me since I still buy physical games and would have to buy the disc drive attachment.

Eh, that's probably a pass from me. Even if I got a good chunk of change from selling my regular PS5, I'm probably still looking at paying at least $300 just to not have to sacrifice 4K resolution for 60fps or vice versa. The games I've played look perfectly fine to me.

EDIT: Looking at the GameStop trade-in values, I'm looking at paying over $500 all over again. Yeah. Hard pass until I can get one for much cheaper.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 10 September 2024

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

IcaroRibeiro said:
EpicRandy said:

And the Switch keeps releasing first party bangers.

G2ThaUNiT said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Funny thing is that Switch is actually running on 2014 tech. I remember all the talk about how, despite still underpowered, out of date the Switch already was. And STILL selling at that same price.

Well, Civ 7 will definitely be one of those long games. If you're into those kinds of games, check out Ara: History Untold or even Endless Space 2 when you get your PC.

Yes, Civ VII will definitely be one of the games I'll keep playing for a long time. I think my BF has Endless Space, I will ask him if he can share. Thanks for the recommendations=)  

IcaroRibeiro said:

If I could pay 700 USD I'd maybe consider buying it in a year, but with taxes the price in Brazil is likely to be ~1300 USD, which is the price of a PC. It's better to buy a PC, I was planning to get one next year to play Civ VI

O PS5 Pro deve custar 7000 reais aqui, sem o leitor de disco, completamente insano.

rapsuperstar31 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

And the Switch keeps releasing first party bangers.

It does (although I'm feeling this year to be kinda dead), but I think it's a bit expensive for the hardware it offers it should be 200 USD already. Not that I can blame Nintendo for overchanging it, I have bought Switch twice despite the price lol