By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

I don't really think the sales of PS5 Pro are that important it is just an extra option, even when it is expensive it is nice to have, just like some would have liked an Switch Pro or Xbox series Pro as option

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The profit margins on games are dropping because development costs are going through the roof, Sony knows it. They are pivoting to an Apple style pricing model where more of the profit comes from the hardware itself.

Game Controllers are going to cost a small fortune too, they're bumping the price of PS5 controllers by $5 to $80 now, they're going to push to $95-$100 for PS6, just watch.

They are copying Nvidia with low volume but high margin modelling. They probably already knew that not many people would buy this over a cheaper slim anyway, and know that the few that do what a more powerful machine will pay whatever.

I would expect PS6 to be priced at

$699.99 - Lower storage model available only in small quantities
$749.99 - Standard model

No disc drive, no physical media period. $94.99 for an extra controller, $60 or whatever for a stand (lol). 

That's in line with PS4 Pro and PS5.

Pointless ASF just play on performance mode base PS5. I'm more interested in knowing where is the game showcase!!! this gen has focused so much on the most pointless and unnecessary stuff that no one asked for from live service to this.

BraLoD said:

I have an opinion.
Sony knew the massive backslach they would have gotten, but what they want is to test the actual impact on sales.

If this flops very hard, there will be a price cut and PS6 might cost $600.

But if it's not the massive flop that it could be, and it meets the probably low expectations... there is no going back, Sony is moving on to full Apple mode and Playstation will never be remotedly affordable anymore.

Now that you mention it this whole thing is basicly just pure Apple energy.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
BraLoD said:

I have an opinion.
Sony knew the massive backslach they would have gotten, but what they want is to test the actual impact on sales.

If this flops very hard, there will be a price cut and PS6 might cost $600.

But if it's not the massive flop that it could be, and it meets the probably low expectations... there is no going back, Sony is moving on to full Apple mode and Playstation will never be remotedly affordable anymore.

Now that you mention it this whole thing is basicly just pure Apple energy.

Apple has direct competition in Android though. 

Lets be honest, Playstation has fuck all in direct competition anymore unless Microsoft wants to hand the XBox brand over to Nintendo, assuming Nintendo would even want it (they probably would not). 

Sony can charge whatever they want, as long as it's still a fair bit cheaper than an equivalent PC build they're all good and they know it, and that's not too hard either since PC GPUs are priced out the ass. You used to be able to pay a reasonable PC GPU for $200-$300, those days are over too. 

This is what happens without competition. PS3 era arrogance returns, and the all digital future begins with PS6.
I guess I will only buy some games here and there off GOG, at least I can fully download the game files.

Essentially only useful if you have a BIG TV and need that resolution and don't want the framerate compromise.

No mention of 8K?

I've got a new video up on my YouTube going over all the PS5 Pro details.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Tober said:

Essentially only useful if you have a BIG TV and need that resolution and don't want the framerate compromise.

No mention of 8K?

8K was mentioned as compatible in the blog post.

But as Cerny said, they already know people choose performance ove fidelity, so the push is 4K60fps, which is actually a very good thing in this mess of a product.