By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong sells 18m units in 2 weeks. DLC on the way.

Tagged games:

G2ThaUNiT said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

It's grossed $850 million on Steam alone, most sales are probably on PC

https://gameworldobserver.com/2024/09/03/black-myth-wukong-revenue-850-million-steam

They're saying 17.8 million sales just on Steam alone out of the 18 million? That can't be right. I know the PS5 version didn't sell anywhere near as much, but I was figuring at least a few million copies were sold on PS5.

Yeah that doesn't seem right

Around the Network
Farsala said:

Actually it would increase it, the game is around $40 in China

I was talking more the Euro and British Pound. Good point for China, didn't think Chinese people (or the government) loved steam so much.

Is your profile pic from code geass? Jibun wo!

Is the game even good tho? seemed pretty mid to me.

Jpcc86 said:

It's fun, bosses are really good. It does have issues though, some that come to mind:

performance is not good enough, there's no lip sync in English, some textures are low res, the maps have invisible barriers so it's not always clear where you can and cannot go (there's also no map in game).

A win for the Chinese people, they'll now get real games and not that mobile trash. We might have them exporting less mindless clickers now too so a win for us and all.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

It's fun, bosses are really good. It does have issues though, some that come to mind:

performance is not good enough, there's no lip sync in English, some textures are low res, the maps have invisible barriers so it's not always clear where you can and cannot go (there's also no map in game).

Alright, thanks for the reply. Im gonna wait to see if the patch some of those issues before purchasing it then 

How many unexpected sales hits are we going to get this year lol?

I think throughout this year, people are really starting to recognize how massive PC gaming is to the industry. Helldivers 2, Palworld, and now Black Myth: Wukong would not have gone anywhere near as viral as they did without the PC platform.

It's a big reason why platform holders are now releasing their games on PC either at launch or delayed, and it's very rare now to have third parties to not release their games on PC day one as well.

EDIT: Meanwhile, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 just surpassed 100K concurrent players on Steam and is still climbing! This is in early access for players who purchased at least the $90 edition of the game. Think we got the next major hit of the year!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 05 September 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

I think throughout this year, people are really starting to recognize how massive PC gaming is to the industry. Helldivers 2, Palworld, and now Black Myth: Wukong would not have gone anywhere near as viral as they did without the PC platform.

It's a big reason why platform holders are now releasing their games on PC either at launch or delayed, and it's very rare now to have third parties to not release their games on PC day one as well.

EDIT: Meanwhile, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 just surpassed 100K concurrent players on Steam and is still climbing! This is in early access for players who purchased at least the $90 edition of the game. Think we got the next major hit of the year!

It was never about recognizing the worth of the PC platform, it is the biggest platform afterall with huge markets like Steam, Epic Store, etc ...

Though, considering the examples you've given, this year showed mostly how important the PC market in China is to the sales of some of those games. PalWorld and Wukong would be nowhere close to what they are currently selling without that market.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Farsala said:

I was talking more the Euro and British Pound. Good point for China, didn't think Chinese people (or the government) loved steam so much.

Is your profile pic from code geass? Jibun wo!

Yeah, the true orange boy before someone else ruined it.