By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Best Xbox console

I think the best is...

OG Xbox 6 17.65%

Xbox 360 26 76.47%

Xbox One 0 0%

Xbox Series 2 5.88%

Total:34

Since 2001, we have had four Xbox consoles; the original, the 360, the One, and the Series. Of these, which do you personally feel is the best Xbox console, and what is your reasoning as to what makes it the best?

Around the Network

The original xbox for me. Graphics and online was better than it's competitors the PS2 and gamecube. It also had some great exclusives and the controller s was the best. 

Edit. the next 3 Xbox are all too similar to the Playstations especially the 360. Graphics,  games,  online, etc

Last edited by Pinkie_pie - on 02 September 2024

While the 360 was definitely the bigger console in terms of impact and games, I'll always have a sweet spot for the OG Xbox. From the futuristic bootup screen and UI to the games and Xbox Live, you truly felt like you were experiencing the future of gaming.

Hot take but I love the Duke controller lol. It came with the console I got, and I just got so used to it that I didn't like the Model S controller. But I'll never forget the experiences of Halo LAN parties with classmates, golden age BioWare with Star Wars KOTOR and Jade Empire, my introduction to Bethesda with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and that unforgettable partnership with Sega. Like half of my OG Xbox collection were Sega exclusives. Jet Set Radio Future alone is one of my favorite games ever to this day.

But it really felt like Xbox came out of the gates storming. Several other franchises that I still love to play from time to time such as Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Crimson Skies, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, and Fable. That all culminated with the juggernaut that was Halo 2. The biggest launch in entertainment history up to that point. But I was also a kid and thought that X on the console itself looked sick as hell great console that had some great games that built lasting unforgettable memories for me.

Xbox 360 easily. A lot of good exclusives. A lot of great B games I love. Some good Japanese support.

The original Xbox has its charm and some great exclusives from SEGA. It's my second favorite system of that gen behind Dreamcast.

XBO is easily their worst. SX could be in the conversation of best Xbox consoles had the Xbox brand been led by competent people.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

X360 - at the time it released, technically it was the best you could get (counting PCs as well), due to ATI creating for them powerful GPU with unified shaders (it took full year for that to appear on PCs, with nVidia 8800 series), very capable PowerPC CPU, eDRAM to help with AA tasks, and shared memory pool between CPU and GPU. Yeah, there was that "slight" RRoD issue, due to being pushed out of the gates too soon, but when it worked, it worked like a charm.

Library was really good, most multiplatform games ran better on it than on PS3, and if you were interested in such things, Kinect was quite a peripheral as well.

Around the Network

The next one, because trust me bro.

Where's the option for "none of them"???

xbox - no games, cripple analogue controller, 1st to introduce scummy online pay BS, 1st to charge dlc
xbox 360 - no games, cripple analogue controller, RROD due to rushing to be first console out the gate, inconsistent and non functional kinect which lost focus on what gaming meant to be
xbox one - no games, cripple analogue controller, TV TV TV, console bundled with kinect (spy cam), always online drm, no used games sharing
xbox series - no games, cripple analogue controller, stole biggest 3rd party publisher which is anti consumer, monoplitic and anticompetitive (then again they been like that since 1st windows) made 2 different consoles which is a nightmare for developers which causes delays and even not getting games on their box.

But there's more reasons not to get anything from micro$oft but xbox brainwashed kids will cry conspiracy theory even though it true

Seriously, where's the option for "none of them"?

halil23 said:

xbox - no games, cripple analogue controller, 1st to introduce scummy online pay BS, 1st to charge dlc
xbox 360 - no games, cripple analogue controller, RROD due to rushing to be first console out the gate, inconsistent and non functional kinect which lost focus on what gaming meant to be
xbox one - no games, cripple analogue controller, TV TV TV, console bundled with kinect (spy cam), always online drm, no used games sharing
xbox series - no games, cripple analogue controller, stole biggest 3rd party publisher which is anti consumer, monoplitic and anticompetitive (then again they been like that since 1st windows) made 2 different consoles which is a nightmare for developers which causes delays and even not getting games on their box.

But there's more reasons not to get anything from micro$oft but xbox brainwashed kids will cry conspiracy theory even though it true

Seriously, there must be one you hate the least? What's you favorite Xbox game ever?

Pinkie_pie said:
halil23 said:

Seriously, there must be one you hate the least? What's you favorite Xbox game ever?

lol

I only played Halo 1 and 2, didn't like either of them but Halo 2 was much better than the boring open land emptiness that is Halo 1

BTW, it not just hate it also immoral to support a corrupt corporation that practice anti consumer, anticompetitive, hostile take overs, satanists and tax evasion. And research on evil (bill) gates

Last edited by halil23 - on 03 September 2024

halil23 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

lol

I only played Halo 1 and 2, didn't like either of them but Halo 2 was much better than the boring open land emptiness that is Halo 1

Jet Set Radio Future. Shenmue II. From Softwares Otogi 1-2. Metal Wolf Chaos. Gun Metal. Panzer Dragoon Orta. Ninja Gaiden are no games? Stevie Wonder has better eyesight than you.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!