By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Articifical Intelligence thread.

AGI/ASI will be..

A great advancement 5 45.45%

A poor advancement 3 27.27%

Like summoning a demon. 1 9.09%

Like summoning God. 0 0%

No opinion on what AGI/ASI will be like. 2 18.18%

Total:11

The thread on everything, Ai and going forward possibly AGI and ASI... if we live that is. 

Joking. I don't know how I'll handle this thread since there is so much news and advancement on the weekly but to get the ball rolling I'd like to offer up a discussion for AI in video games. NPC's with GPT4o (the full model) level of interaction with that expressive voice. I can't imagine something that would make an RPG more imerrsive but I don't want to be talking at my screen... well, maybe a once off thing but it's not how I'll wanna interact going forward. It could be cool AF though. Here's GPTo demo showcasing tech that will fill this gap fairly soon.

Not to mention this is gonna but VA jobs at risk. I do believe they are striking about this already. 

And here's a video of a diffusion model creating a game, feame by frame. No engine. No code. It's predicting what the game will be. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 28 August 2024

Around the Network

Sucks that they got rid of the Scarlett Johansan voice for these demos. Still impressive but not nearly as much. The multi modal features are absolutely insane. Putting this model into a VR and AR headsets would be crazy and have so many possibilities. 

I find it odd that know one wants to talk about general AI or Super intelligence, it's the biggest tech advancement in the history of humanity which will change things more than any tech revolution that has already happened. It's on par with written language for how transformative this could be and exceeds the nuclear bomb on how destructive it could be..

LegitHyperbole said:

I find it odd that know one wants to talk about general AI or Super intelligence, it's the biggest tech advancement in the history of humanity which will change things more than any tech revolution that has already happened. It's on par with written language for how transformative this could be and exceeds the nuclear bomb on how destructive it could be..

I think it interesting, but I don't know how to view it.  On one hand it will advance knowledge, understanding, manufacturing, etc.  On the other hand, it will likely put a lot of people out of work.  How society reacts to there being a lot less jobs when AI and modelling takes over is going to be curious.  I don't think it will impact my career too much, I am on the back 9.  But for my kids...  not sure.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I think it interesting, but I don't know how to view it.  On one hand it will advance knowledge, understanding, manufacturing, etc.  On the other hand, it will likely put a lot of people out of work.  How society reacts to there being a lot less jobs when AI and modelling takes over is going to be curious.  I don't think it will impact my career too much, I am on the back 9.  But for my kids...  not sure.  

I'm more interested to see how the Elities react and use it to their advantagei. If it's gets past a certain amount of advancement they won't need us anymore, and that's a scary thought. It could bring about an golden age if implemented right, one not far off that of star trek without the space exploration, we'd want for nothing but it could also destroy us if implemented badly. One things for sure is it is gonna change the world far from what we know it today for better or worse. We've been here before, the industrial revolution but people out of work time and again, the computer age put people out of work again and again. Hell small things like phone cameras recked the the photography industry more recently. This will just happen to all industries at once and more quickly than before, it could also open up new paths like Cars opening up the Taxi industry, car manufacturing factories, more jobs in the oil industry etc. I just can't think of any idustry that it will create. 

Possibly we live on UBI until post scarsity and then we live like something from a utopian sci fi novel. Possibly society crumbles around us cause it's too transformative a technology. Possibly it reaches singularity super fast, concretely ignore us while it turns the planet into something beneficial to it's needs and we return to the wildernesses that's left to live like cavemen again. Perhaps we solve all the last musteries of nature and become an interstellar civilization under the guidance of a super intelligent system that has our back. Literally nothing is off the table here and our imagination isn't even the limit with ASI. 

Turns out this is even more impressive. It's not using an engine or code to create this game, it's creating the game frame by frame as it goes along. Holy hell this tech is going to reck things completely. 

I think the topic is very interesting, but I do not have a lot of insights or thoughts about it. I mostly watch from the bench.
But AI that is so advanced that it is better suited than humans in improving next generation of AI can snowball fast. Soon humans might not even be smart enough to determine if a new iteration is better than the one before and leave even that process to the AI.

The limits of logic and what is physically possible to archive might be reach within our lifetime.
I just hope that AI stay in an advisory role and the actual decisions still handed to humans. Don't want no HAL-scenario.

LegitHyperbole said:

Turns out this is even more impressive. It's not using an engine or code to create this game, it's creating the game frame by frame as it goes along. Holy hell this tech is going to reck things completely. 

Ok, but this is seriously cool. 

Pajderman said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Ok, but this is seriously cool. 

Mind blowingly so. Game creatives and visionaries could test their ideas without needing to wait for stuff to be built, they'd then be able to communicate their vision more accurately. The amount of time and money this would save is immense and make the whole dev cycle shorter and less risky.