By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best mini game inside a game.

Best Mini game...

Gwent. 2 10.53%

Something that isn't Gwent. 15 78.95%

Mini games are ass 2 10.53%

Total:19

I believe it was Jet Force Gemini that had a bunch of mini games added into it that were decent.

But yeah, usually mini games are just filler or done for nostalgia.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

That spade card memory game from Mario 3.

Poll of the Week

2024 Results
Jan | Feb | March | April | May | June | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov

I used to play a lot of pool on San Andreas

I was going to say Pazaak from KOTOR but HoloDust beat me to it

I would go with Caravan from Fallout: New Vegas. Can be a little tricky first, but after a few rounds, it can get pretty addicting!

I played a lot of blitzball back in the days, good memories. And also the cards games from Final Fantasy. I don't know if it counts as in game but some friends liked the Visual Memory Unit of the dreamcast.

Around the Network

This is kind of a cheat but the card games in Red Dead Redemption. As a card player in real life, this was always a relaxing way to just be in the world and have some regular fun. Was great for world building and I'd play these games between missions every playthrough.

A second would be Dedede's Drum Dash in Kirby Triple Deluxe.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

HoloDust said:

Ah, yes, Gwent - Pazaak of modern times (for those who haven't played SW:KOTOR, Pazaak is card game from it) - and just like Gwent, it had a standalone version for all that got hooked on it.

Ah yes, Pazaak and Gwent, the successors of Arcomage (From Might & Magic VII and VIII). And just like them, a standalone version was released, though very short-lived due to 3DO's demise

Since I doubt many have played those old RPGs, here's a video:

Triple Triad in FFVIII

Not Blizball, ill tell you that much.

I definitely enjoyed Gwent quite a lot. Also, its proabably recency bias but I did enjoy Queen's Blood from FF7 Rebirth quite a lot as well.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
HoloDust said:

Ah, yes, Gwent - Pazaak of modern times (for those who haven't played SW:KOTOR, Pazaak is card game from it) - and just like Gwent, it had a standalone version for all that got hooked on it.

Ah yes, Pazaak and Gwent, the successors of Arcomage (From Might & Magic VII and VIII). And just like them, a standalone version was released, though very short-lived due to 3DO's demise

Since I doubt many have played those old RPGs, here's a video:

You're the old(er) gift on this site that keeps on giving!