By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Outlaws 76 opencritic/77 Metacritc.

At 76%, I'm....

Gonna play 4 17.39%

Gonna avoid 16 69.57%

Undecided 3 13.04%

Total:23
firebush03 said:

idk this thread reads a little bit like “Wait, a game I thought was gonna come out terribly actually got lukewarm critical reception? Nah don’t believe it. The game HAS to be bad”, though maybe I’m misjudging. If reviewers are giving these scores, they must have a reason. Scathing remarks complemented with a 7/10 isn’t actually too uncommon (so you can put your tinfoil hats down lol).

Granted, I’m not greatly inform on the anti-consumer practices Ubisoft has chosen to shove in the game…I think we should at least give it a chance.

Read the reviews then look at the scores. Get back to me after ya done that and see if ya say the same thing. 

Around the Network

You cannot trust game critics, its obvious they get paid to inflate reviews. This game is a 6 at most, what a piece of trash

Another day, another questionable AAA game getting inflated scores despite the huge technical and design problems it has.

Anyway, the previews and the few footage I saw led me to believe that we were actually getting a decent Ubisoft game since Prince of Persia Lost Crown but huuuh those written reviews are just ... holing the game for what it actually is.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

When I saw her hit a storm trooper in the back of the helmet with her bare hand and knock him out, I knew we had a meme game on our hands. This is gonna be a goofy ass mess.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Ubisoft and modern Star Wars are two of my least favorite things in life; I think I'll happily skip this one. The last Star Wars game I got was free, came with the CPU, and even then it wasn't really worth it since it didn't function properly (my monster rig could barely run it).

Around the Network

Ubisoft is forcing PS5 players to delete their saves because of some big. So morons who paid over 100 bucks to play early now have to start over. ROFL

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Ubisoft is forcing PS5 players to delete their saves because of some big. So morons who paid over 100 bucks to play early now have to start over. ROFL

Ouch, that's rough. Well hopefully they'll fix the tech issues for them at least. 

It looks and sounds ... just like an Ubisoft game, honestly.

Normally, I'd put it on the "buy when it's under $10" list but that's before I learned that it uses one of my least favorite mechanics in gaming--the "if you get spotted by a guard on a stealth mission then you have to restart the level, even if you're close enough to take them out" mechanic. No freaking thank you.

Throwing away swiped guns if you do literally anything else is ridiculous, as well. The more I read about it, the more frustrating it sounds. I don't think I'll play it even if it's free.

pokoko said:

It looks and sounds ... just like an Ubisoft game, honestly.

Normally, I'd put it on the "buy when it's under $10" list but that's before I learned that it uses one of my least favorite mechanics in gaming--the "if you get spotted by a guard on a stealth mission then you have to restart the level, even if you're close enough to take them out" mechanic. No freaking thank you.

Throwing away swiped guns if you do literally anything else is ridiculous, as well. The more I read about it, the more frustrating it sounds. I don't think I'll play it even if it's free.

I've read in some of the reviews that it's not quite the ubisoft formula but yeah, it's very screwed with failure states, that's such archaic design. Same as you, it's not worth the time even free, looks completely generic and that's the best that can be said about it. Waste of time.