By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I know black myth wukong is more technically advanced. Just from a visual stand point to my eyes i honestly don't which one looks better to me. Also optimization can sometimes do wonders. I'll give you a example avatar game on ps5   technically demanding yet runs much better, so does alan wake 2, and hell blade.

That is odd.   Because you started this thread based on the premise Black Myth was a "massive step up."  So you have changed your mind?

You probably shouldn't.  I've read quite a few articles and it seems universal, Black Myth is a massive step up.

Just my 2 cents, ragnorak gets smoked by Black Myth. 

Edit

I think the larger point is people need to be fair to consoles.  A 4090 is $1600 by itself.  A ps5 is $500...  of course a 4090 slaughters.  People wouldn't pay top dollar of there was no difference.

Meaning when you consider the price of the ps5, it is pretty damn impressive.

The game is heavily downgraded i was watching the demo footage mostly. The demo footage is a massive step up.

I went back and watched hell blade 2 for like 2 hours and yea that's a true nextgen leap but i doubt anyone can pull those graphics off in a open world game or action game that throws more then 3-5 enemies at 60fps.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

Chrkeller said:

That is odd.   Because you started this thread based on the premise Black Myth was a "massive step up."  So you have changed your mind?

You probably shouldn't.  I've read quite a few articles and it seems universal, Black Myth is a massive step up.

Just my 2 cents, ragnorak gets smoked by Black Myth. 

Edit

I think the larger point is people need to be fair to consoles.  A 4090 is $1600 by itself.  A ps5 is $500...  of course a 4090 slaughters.  People wouldn't pay top dollar of there was no difference.

Meaning when you consider the price of the ps5, it is pretty damn impressive.

The game is heavily downgraded i was watching the demo footage mostly. The demo footage is a massive step up.

I went back and watched hell blade 2 for like 2 hours and yea that's a true nextgen leap but i doubt anyone can pull those graphics off in a open world game or action game that throws more then 3-5 enemies at 60fps.

Apparently performance mode is 30 fps and uses frame gen to get 60 fps.   That causes artifacts.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Apparently performance mode is 30 fps and uses frame gen to get 60 fps.   That causes artifacts.

yea you do you get artifacts on your 4090? did you play it yet?

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I haven't played it yet.  Typically FG works great if the hardware is rendering at least 60 fps.  So going from 60 to 100 is amazing.  But going from 30 to 60 is a bad idea.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I haven't played it yet.  Typically FG works great if the hardware is rendering at least 60 fps.  So going from 60 to 100 is amazing.  But going from 30 to 60 is a bad idea.  

Yea the input lag would be horrible. Honestly very disappointed with ps5 version it not even playable. like they should have toned the graphics cause this is a real mess. something about the image quality bothers even when watching on  4090 videos like way too much blur, artifacts and over sharpened. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Yea the input lag would be horrible. Honestly very disappointed with ps5 version it not even playable. like they should have toned the graphics cause this is a real mess. something about the image quality bothers even when watching on  4090 videos like way too much blur, artifacts and over sharpened. 

Blur is something I typically always turn off.  And no doubt latency is an issue, but I think accuracy is a well.  I do a lot of chemical modelling.  Modelling is all about input.  The more input I have the better my prediction.  I think DLSS and FG are the same thing.  It simply doesn't work well with 720p (or below) and 30 fps.  There isn't enough input to be accurate.  Modelling is all about having an input that is as close to the test article as possible.  The closer it is in value, the more accurate the prediction.    

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Blur is something I typically always turn off.  And no doubt latency is an issue, but I think accuracy is a well.  I do a lot of chemical modelling.  Modelling is all about input.  The more input I have the better my prediction.  I think DLSS and FG are the same thing.  It simply doesn't work well with 720p (or below) and 30 fps.  There isn't enough input to be accurate.  Modelling is all about having an input that is as close to the test article as possible.  The closer it is in value, the more accurate the prediction.    

Yea that sounds accurate. 

BTW unreal 5.4 seems to be a game changer giving massive performance boosts. I think they can this game running much better on consoles and PC in  future, since unreal 5.4 just came and they probably did not have enough time to optimize it. 

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

BTW unreal 5.4 seems to be a game changer giving massive performance boosts. I think they can this game running much better on consoles and PC in  future, since unreal 5.4 just came and they probably did not have enough time to optimize it. 

That does make sense.  New game engines are always a bit iffy until understanding and techniques mature.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

That does make sense.  New game engines are always a bit iffy until understanding and techniques mature.

After watching this video, yea it's the best looking game ever if you have a 4090 :-/ the slow walking just really show how impressive the lighting and graphics are, in a action game.

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

Do you only judge graphics by engines or lighting? Artistic design is also a huge part of graphics that's why  people view of the best looking will be always be subjective.  The art in the game is better then anything using u5 so far.

You made a claim. I rebuked said claim.
Seems the majority in this thread disagree with your various incorrect assertions anyway.

Unreal Engine games can look impressive for each console generation they have debuted on, but they do tend to look "samey" as they are using the exact same rendering pipeline... And often the same middleware like Speed Tree.

It's the more custom engines that tend to shine.

And considering your thread title is based on the "visuals" of a game. I.E. "Looks to be the first true nextgen game" and your first post states "the graphics look amazing as well" - It would seem graphics and first impressions are also important to you.
If not, then you haven't learned anything over the last few days.

I also literally don't care about your subjective view points, I only care about objective facts.

Objective facts? DF calls the graphics out of this world and the God of creator and director calls it the most beautiful game ever on PC. I guess pemalite is here telling us it's just your run of the mill U5 game, and it's a fact.