By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

I play CP2077 on PS5 on Performance. It's not 720P. It's 60FPS 1440P. It looks good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

what games are talking about? cause rdr2 was easily the most impressive game technically. Especially  on xbox x. what about order 1886 that looked better then anythong on PC as well.

Just look at facts and not personal preference.  A 1060 is a low end 2016 GPU and runs GoW 2018 exceptionally well....  a low end 2016 GPU that launches two years before GoW.

You are viewing things based on personal preference.

I understand PC was vastly more powerful but it just did not have the developers to fully take advantage of its power at that time or at least I did not see it. It's like Xbox vs Gc even though Xbox was vastly more powerful resident evil 4 was the best looking game that gen. Heck I played it on ps2 and it impressed more then anything on Xbox it's just how far developers skill and art can make a game look so impressive even on much inferior hardware. 

Leynos said:

I play CP2077 on PS5 on Performance. It's not 720P. It's 60FPS 1440P. It looks good.

It was upscaled using fsr I think it's like 900p upscaled to 1440p.

If it's upscaled it doesn't look much like it as it looks good on PS5. Never once in 280 hours did I think something looked off or low quality. Not played with RT on as I played all PS5 games in Performance mode.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

LegitHyperbole said:

I can't go back in time to show you but I basically seen side by sides of the best the PC was doing at the time on my mates beastly rig and at the time ps4 was visually looking better.

Yeah I know what you mean. Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War were two of the best looking games available at the time they came out, even running on PS4. Sure PC was running games at far higher resolutions and framerates but there's a lot more to a games graphics than that.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

what games are talking about? cause rdr2 was easily the most impressive game technically. Especially  on xbox x. what about order 1886 that looked better then anythong on PC as well.

Just look at facts and not personal preference.  A 1060 is a low end 2016 GPU and runs GoW 2018 exceptionally well....  a low end 2016 GPU that launches two years before GoW.

It doesn't matter how powerful your rig is if the talent isn't there to make the games that look good. These games didn't just look better because of personal preference, they objectively looked better to anyones eye and yes, on much inferior hardware. All you had in the PC back then was unrealised potential. It seems your personal preference is to look at numbers and stat sheets instead of looking at the visuals on the screen with your own eyes. People with the beefiest rigs were dropping their jaw at PS4 games back then and conceding that the games did intact look better. I'm to assume I'm talking to someone who didn't play the games on PS4 if you believe the PC was doing better in the latter half of the last decade. You must have been on PC only.

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

It doesn't matter how powerful your rig is if the talent isn't there to make the games that look good. These games didn't just look better because of personal preference, they objectively looked better to anyones eye and yes, on much inferior hardware. All you had in the PC back then was unrealised potential. It seems your personal preference is to look at numbers and stat sheets instead of looking at the visuals on the screen with your own eyes. People with the beefiest rigs were dropping their jaw at PS4 games back then and conceding that the games did intact look better. I'm to assume I'm talking to someone who didn't play the games on PS4 if you believe the PC was doing better in the latter half of the last decade. You must have been on PC only.

I remember seeing E3 trailer of GOW 2018 and people thinking it was cgi it looked freaking mind blowing and still looks freaking amazing even today. RDR2 was also mind blwoing to get a world that advanced with those level of graphics was just insane.

This trailer at 4k and slightly higher settings at 60fps would easily pass as one of the most beautiful graphics on ps5.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 20 August 2024

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I remember seeing E3 trailer of GOW 2018 and people thinking it was cgi it looked freaking mind blowing and still looks freaking amazing even today. RDR2 was also mind blwoing to get a world that advanced with those level of graphics was just insane.

This trailer at 4k and slightly higher settings at 60fps would easily pass as one of the most beautiful graphics on ps5.

They really knew how to suck juice out of that base PS4 and stretch it beyond the limits it should have had. It's gotta be talent (money too) and I'm sure they'll continue that talent with ps5 once they have their games ready. Naughty Dog has got to be working on something that'll blow us away. It's usually towards the second half of the consoles life cycle that they start throwing out that stuff, seems they are just taking more time now cause games take longer to make, which means they'll probably look the part. 

Someone paused to see the artificating on PS5. Go to 36:50. It's baaaad, no reason it looks like fluff...

I mean that's a total disaster, I'm playing games on my PS4 PRO that look better than that. 

Edit: Performance mode I mean. Quality mode looks good. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 20 August 2024

LegitHyperbole said:

Someone paused to see the artificating on PS5. Go to 36:50. It's baaaad, no reason it looks like fluff...

I mean that's a total disaster, I'm playing games on my PS4 PRO that look better than that. 

Edit: Performance mode I mean. Quality mode looks good. 

This isn't surprising image quaity and framerate  are so important. God ragnorak on ps4 pro shits on this graphically, even though one is more demanding the other just looks so much better graphically cause of image quality and locked 30fps vs unstabe 30fps and horrible image quality.