By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

I became weak for a brief moment and pre-ordered the game. Reviews seem positive though.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Sooooooo after seeing reviews, troublesome performance aside, the game is just a boss rush mode? That's the terminology I keep reading. I thought there was going to be a fleshed out story to follow along with that of course had boss battles, but I wasn't expecting the game to basically be only boss battles. Not my definition of a "next-gen" experience, but still waiting to see how user reviews turn out at launch.

It's a game from china, were you expecting something like from a big dev from established japan? 

China has been getting better in recent years from indie games to bigger projects. Sword and Fairy 7 was pretty good but had some nagging bugs. Korea and China are getting much better. Stellar Blade is probably the peak of Korean games atm.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

KratosLives said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Sooooooo after seeing reviews, troublesome performance aside, the game is just a boss rush mode? That's the terminology I keep reading. I thought there was going to be a fleshed out story to follow along with that of course had boss battles, but I wasn't expecting the game to basically be only boss battles. Not my definition of a "next-gen" experience, but still waiting to see how user reviews turn out at launch.

It's a game from china, were you expecting something like from a big dev from established japan? 

It's been called the best looking game ever by a few reviews and also has the best looking most epic boss fights  of any games by some. It seems to they focused too much on that though.

The later levels open up more for exploration and various enemy encounters. So no, it's not a boss rush only game

Last edited by zeldaring - on 16 August 2024

zeldaring said:
KratosLives said:

It's been called the best looking game ever by a few reviews and also has the best looking most epic boss fights  of any games by some. It seems to they focused too much on that though.

The later levels open up more for exploration and various enemy encounters. So no, it's not a boss rush only game

I'm still buying it. Reminds me of genji for some reason. As in a little exploration but mainly linear path,  fight some enemies and then boss encounter. I'm getting more hyped as i think about it.

Oh and i played sword and fairy 7. That game was so boring. So much talking in between gameplay. And i love chinese lore , but this game wasn't doing it for me 

Last edited by KratosLives - on 17 August 2024

Around the Network

Don't mind me, just laughing over in the corner at some game journos clearly working with DEI firms, busy trying to throw shade/dirt at Chinese game devs, all because they "lack diversity & inclusion".

From ScreenRant btw. I also saw what might have been a real or drafted review from the Asian side of IGN, and it too is reeking of DEI crap.

The game definitely isn't my thing, but I'm just amazed at just how much the gaming collective has managed to ignore SBI and other DEI firms + useless game journos trying to stick it to an Asian studio, all because they didn't conform to the studio paying a few million to hire DEI firms to consult them (seriously, look up the Wukong DEI debacle, it's telling how bad it's getting in the games industry, regarding DEI infestation).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Game about mythical monkey isn't diverse and inclusive enough.

Omg that screenshot cons bullet reads like a parity.

Zippy6 said:

Game about mythical monkey isn't diverse and inclusive enough.

We need to return to monke

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

MadDogg said:

Omg that screenshot cons bullet reads like a parity.

That's how they see it as lmao.

This is why I don't ever trust game journos these days. I'm more trusting of user benchmarking for performance and other Youtubers who have built up years of rep to give you the ins/outs of a game.

At this point Youtubers are/will be taking Gaming journos lunch and running with it. 

Youtubers to gaming journos be like: