By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have enough time to game? How much?

I game per week...

1 hour 4 7.41%

2 hours 3 5.56%

2-5 hours 11 20.37%

5-10 hours 9 16.67%

10-15 hours 9 16.67%

15-20 hours 3 5.56%

20-30 hours 4 7.41%

30-40 hours 3 5.56%

50 hours+ 3 5.56%

I have no time to game at all. 5 9.26%

Total:54

I keep track of my hours gaming, currently at an average of 2 hours per day (14 hours per week) this year wich is well up from the previous year of an hour, for life reasons. Currently at 400 hours on games I've finished and roughly 50 hours trying out games that didn't gel. 

Do you have time to game? If so how much. If not, why not? And is gaming still your primary hobby even if you have no time. 

It feels so good to actually be able to get games finished. I'm up to my 11th game beaten this year, up from 5 last year. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 22 August 2024

Around the Network

Lol, no. Between work and family, there are more than enough days where I don't get to gaming at all. I take months to beat a game, most of the time I stick to games that I can enjoy in small dozes, like Smash Bros., Animal Crossing or The Binding of Isaac. I really don't have the time for some stupid tutorial, lengthy cutscenes or that kind of stuff.

I don't know if Ring Fit Adventure counts. I play that game for an hour a day, but it's my fitness program, because it would take way too much time to drive to the gym and all. I just do strength training there 1-2 times a week, but even for that, time often runs short.

Gaming isn't my main hobby anymore, that has become playing the ukulele. But I also lack time for that. Anyway, I fully expect things to get easier once my son gets a little older.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

Lol, no. Between work and family, there are more than enough days where I don't get to gaming at all. I take months to beat a game, most of the time I stick to games that I can enjoy in small dozes, like Smash Bros., Animal Crossing or The Binding of Isaac. I really don't have the time for some stupid tutorial, lengthy cutscenes or that kind of stuff.

I don't know if Ring Fit Adventure counts. I play that game for an hour a day, but it's my fitness program, because it would take way too much time to drive to the gym and all. I just do strength training there 1-2 times a week, but even for that, time often runs short.

Gaming isn't my main hobby anymore, that has become playing the ukulele. But I also lack time for that. Anyway, I fully expect things to get easier once my son gets a little older.

As I said to someone else in this forum... leave your wife and kids and quit your job. :p. 

Seriously though, music is a great Hobby. Guitar and Tint whistle are my main and learning music is best done in small chunks, like two 15 minute sessions a day. I suppose it's more manageable than gaming. 

When I am working, I have plenty of time to game, because I don't feel like doing anything after work.

During my vacation days, I don't get much time to game, because I am always doing something else.

Time is nonlinear and I am gaming in the past. Before my creation. After my demise.  In the present and the near and far future. Gaming forever.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I spend more time watching others play on YouTube now, besides my 15 minutes a day on mobile war game.

The last few years have spent hours a day watching California weather for an hour a day, more during the winter months. I live in Chicagoland.....

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I have 3 kids therefor I barely have ever time to play the games I want to play. My oldest son is 7 years old and we play mobile games together (Bloons td6) or switch games like Mario vs donkey Kong or even Mario games.

I am finishing soon final fantasy 7 rebirth 90 hours in which is basically all I have play this year. Planning on also finishing god of war ragnarok next

I also play sometimes during lunch break some vr fitness games to at least do some sports, and beat some smaller vr games on my quest 3.

On weekdays I work 8 hours then come home and play 16 hours then back to work. On weekends I play 24 hours a day. I only eat, poop and go on vgchartz when I'm at work

With a couple of kids, about an hour to 2 a night. Depends on other things like Olympics, or tv shows etc.