By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you love or hate Baldaurs Gate 3 type CRPG's and why? (Poll)

Best game ...

Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire 0 0%

Divinity Original Sin 2 4 16.67%

Path Finder: Wrath of the Righteous 1 4.17%

Wasteland 3 0 0%

Disco Elysium 2 8.33%

Torment: Tides of Numenera 0 0%

Baldaurs Gate 3 8 33.33%

Dragon Age Inquisition 3 12.50%

Other in comments. 6 25.00%

Total:24
LegitHyperbole said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Yes, but only if they are turnbased like BG3, DOS and DOS2.

Heads up, Path Finder wrath of the Righteous added a turn based mode since release. It's the most complex and confusing of them all but same as you, I wouldn't have played it without it. 

I've started pathfinder, 6 hours in and really enjoying it so far. I did struggle with the amount of detail but it is fun

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

Heads up, Path Finder wrath of the Righteous added a turn based mode since release. It's the most complex and confusing of them all but same as you, I wouldn't have played it without it. 

I've started pathfinder, 6 hours in and really enjoying it so far. I did struggle with the amount of detail but it is fun

Nice one. You're the second person I got sold on a game, got someone else on here playing Divinity OS 2 (one of the best games of all time). Feels good and enjoy. Ironically I've only ever gotten about 10 hours in on Wrath of the Righteous even though I've played like 30 hours.

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 02 August 2024

LegitHyperbole said:

Nice one. You're the second person I got sold on a game, got someone else on here playing Divinity OS 2 (one of the best games of all time). Feels good and enjoy. Ironically I've only ever gotten about 10 hours in even though I've played like 30 hours.

Yeah DOS 1 was my first CRPG and DOS 2 improved in everyway. Now imagine DOS 3 with the improvements Larian made with BG3

LegitHyperbole said:

Nice one. You're the second person I got sold on a game, got someone else on here playing Divinity OS 2 (one of the best games of all time). Feels good and enjoy. Ironically I've only ever gotten about 10 hours in even though I've played like 30 hours.

Yeah DOS 1 was my first CRPG and DOS 2 improved in everyway. Now imagine DOS 3 with the improvements Larian made with BG3

Awe, it'd be the perfect game. Hopefully this is the goal and they aren't following the money. 

Finished wrath of the righteous a few days ago. Enjoyed it overall, took around 85 hours for me. Moved onto rogue trade now, my first warhammer game

Around the Network

Finished rogue trader a few days ago. Enjoyed it, but do feel wotr is a better game overall. Moved onto pathfinder kingmaker now.

Wotr has made me appreciate rtwp more, and while I still prefer turnbased, I don't mind rtwp now and actually prefer it in some cases wehn there are so many encounters that combat can just take forever. It was great switching between rtwp and turn based in wotr.

Finished rogue trader a few days ago. Enjoyed it, but do feel wotr is a better game overall. Moved onto pathfinder kingmaker now.

Wotr has made me appreciate rtwp more, and while I still prefer turnbased, I don't mind rtwp now and actually prefer it in some cases wehn there are so many encounters that combat can just take forever. It was great switching between rtwp and turn based in wotr.

If you're good with RTWP now, Obsidians Pillers of Eternity series is great. Not really very complex and lots of dialogue but pretty damn solid besides. 

LegitHyperbole said:

If you're good with RTWP now, Obsidians Pillers of Eternity series is great. Not really very complex and lots of dialogue but pretty damn solid besides. 

Yeah I tried pillars years ago, after kingmaker I'll go back to it. Tyranny as well is another I need to go back to

I played Arcanum back when I was a wee lad and chased another game with that same high for a long time. For some reason, I never managed to get into the old Bioware NWN/BG games or PoE. DOS2 and BG3 were the only ones I really enjoyed.