By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When do you think Gamepass will get it's next price hike?

Tagged games:

EricHiggin said:
Farsala said:

As far as I can recall, Ms started the trend in July 2023. Annual subscriptions got a price hike.

Then sony followed with their own price hike of annual subscriptions.

Now Ms is increasing the price of monthly and annual subscriptions.

More likely that sony follows rather than Ms.

There was also the price hike attempt in september 2022 by Ms for xbox live gold. But that got foiled.

Sounds like you don't fully agree with me, but I think you actually do.

My point in general is the back and forth. One company does it, and if there's not much push back, the other follows soon enough, and the cycle continues.

Basically, I think MS increasing the price of Gamepass is not going to be a reaction to PS plus increasing.

MS will increase the price regardless, while Sony is more likely to be reactionary. However I don't think Sony increasing the price of PS Plus is likely in the same timeframe.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
EricHiggin said:

Sounds like you don't fully agree with me, but I think you actually do.

My point in general is the back and forth. One company does it, and if there's not much push back, the other follows soon enough, and the cycle continues.

Basically, I think MS increasing the price of Gamepass is not going to be a reaction to PS plus increasing.

MS will increase the price regardless, while Sony is more likely to be reactionary. However I don't think Sony increasing the price of PS Plus is likely in the same timeframe.

Ah I see. Well maybe, maybe not, but MS did say they wouldn't increase their hardware pricing like PS did, and did so in a manner that made SNY look bad. Yet plenty of people called BS on that, and then like 6 months later XB hardware pricing increased anyway. Maybe that was the MS plan all along, and maybe the nice guy approach didn't work for them and unit sales didn't increase like they'd hoped from goodwill, so they followed the SNY lead.

today at around 4pm EST.

Well all subscriptions seemed to increase the price doesn't mean it is fine gamepass went up in price and I honestly expected they waited till early next year....but ther is much more going on:

- The number of releases is going up in the next months, from september till end of the year their is MS flight simulator 24/Age of mythology/COD BOVI/Stalker 2(they invested heavely in it), and possible Indiana Jones/Avowed, Towerborne and maybe more?

- EA play is included in Ultimate and EA play has increased its price so I guess they also asked more from MS.

- Xbox mobile store will release soon and it will be small but I would not be surprised if they are trying to have a mobile + Xcloud subscription for like 5$ a month and will included with Ultimate

Well we will see...

I hope m$ increase it again before Christmas just to see xbot kids going full force defending it....again!

Around the Network

I think it'll probably get a price hike tomorrow. Just cuz.

I will only pay some much to stream games or I'm done gaming lol also ultimate is 20 dollars if ppl can't afford that then they shouldn't game