By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2024 (Jul 01 - Jul 07)

zeldaring said:

The state of Japanese market is very sad thing too see. Seriously they don't care for anything other then nintendo, at least with switch 2 they should get descent hardware for gaming and thirdparty AAA games can get more sales there.

I don't understand (probably because I'm not a fanboy) how people blame the market for business failures? Maybe they don't care for anything other than Nintendo because only Nintendo cares about them? The market isn't sad, it's just PS & Xbox consoles are sad. Japan is just choosing to go elsewhere such as Nintendo, PC, and mobile which all are just superior platforms. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

The state of Japanese market is very sad thing too see. Seriously they don't care for anything other then nintendo, at least with switch 2 they should get descent hardware for gaming and thirdparty AAA games can get more sales there.

Sony hasn't taken the Japanese market seriously in a long time and this is the result. Their first party output focuses almost entirely on Western tastes, while Nintendo appeals to both East and West.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Sony hasn't taken the Japanese market seriously in a long time and this is the result. Their first party output focuses almost entirely on Western tastes, while Nintendo appeals to both East and West.

It's not even about Sony. They basically ignore the whole market in general other then Nintendo. Some of the best games ever don't do much in that market. Imo it's bias just like sony has a hold over Europe but the Japanese market is just extremely closed minded when it comes to anything not from Nintendo 

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

I don't understand (probably because I'm not a fanboy) how people blame the market for business failures? Maybe they don't care for anything other than Nintendo because only Nintendo cares about them? The market isn't sad, it's just PS & Xbox consoles are sad. Japan is just choosing to go elsewhere such as Nintendo, PC, and mobile which all are just superior platforms. 

So games loved all over the world except Japan is a developer problem? I think a great game is great game I don't think it's the industry fault that they only seem to like nintendo. No other developer is really thriving in Japan except Nintendo. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 12 July 2024

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

It's not even about Sony. They basically ignore the whole market in general other then Nintendo. Some of the best games ever don't do much in that market. Imo it's bias just like sony has a hold over Europe but the Japanese market is just extremely closed minded when it comes to anything not from Nintendo 

They don't only like Nintendo; there are games from other developers that do well too, like Minecraft, Momotaro, Suika Game, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, etc.

They're just not big on big realistic cinematic AAA blockbusters like the West is.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

They don't only like Nintendo; there are games from other developers that do well too, like Minecraft, Momotaro, Suika Game, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, etc.

They're just not big on big realistic cinematic AAA blockbusters like the West is.

Ok they like mainly Nintendo games and a few massive franchises that been around  for generations except Minecraft.  Still really no other developers other then nintendo is thriving there. Is fromsoftware soft or resident evil 4 remake aaa cinematic what about crash trilogy let's be honest if it's not Nintendo chances are it will do a very small amount of sales compared to the rest of the world

Is all about tastes, Japan doesnt like games like COD, GoW, Assesins Creed, AAA games, western games, but instead is us the rest of the world who loves Japanese games.

I think is Japan has manage to make the rest of the world to love its games, but is the rest of the world who is not able to make them love their games.

Crash Bandicoot make by Naughty Dog is one western game that really impact the Japanese market when it realesed, after that no game has done the same impact.

I think is the west of gaming industry that hasnt figure out how to enter the Japanese market, like i said there are examples, but those are the exception.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Ok they like mainly Nintendo games and a few massive franchises that been around  for generations except Minecraft.  Still really no other developers other then nintendo is thriving there. Is fromsoftware soft or resident evil 4 remake aaa cinematic what about crash trilogy let's be honest if it's not Nintendo chances are it will do a very small amount of sales compared to the rest of the world

Japan isn't really that into the stationary consoles, they prefer the Switch, so games that are only on PS/Xbox tend not to do so well. 

It does also need to be remembered that while they are a significant market, Japan is still only one country, with a population is steep decline, so for a game to sell like 100k there is actually pretty decent.

Argosv said:

Is all about tastes, Japan doesnt like games like COD, GoW, Assesins Creed, AAA games, western games, but instead is us the rest of the world who loves Japanese games.

I think is Japan has manage to make the rest of the world to love its games, but is the rest of the world who is not able to make them love their games.

Crash Bandicoot make by Naughty Dog is one western game that really impact the Japanese market when it realesed, after that no game has done the same impact.

I think is the west of gaming industry that hasnt figure out how to enter the Japanese market, like i said there are examples, but those are the exception.

I mean fromsoftware Japanese and resident remake 4 Japanese developers are hardly moving the needle in Japan. While in the rest of the world they sell amazing.

It's not even they don't like west games cause they do it's just it has to be like gta, cod, or red dead to do well and those do better then most Japanese games as well.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 12 July 2024

Sad? Why? They are buying the best games, which are nintendos, japanese havr great taste in videogames