By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you use PS+ essentials/premium catalogue? (Poll)

Do you have PS+ essentials/ premium

Yes. I subscribe and love it 12 48.00%

Yes. Barely use it. 3 12.00%

No. Tried and hate it. 3 12.00%

No. Looks like a rip off. 5 20.00%

Other. 2 8.00%

Total:25

double post

Around the Network
twintail said:

Only ever been on Essential and very easily get my money's worth every year.

I don't buy a lot of games, and even when I do it's not usually day 1. Essential usually has something that I was either interested in, but not convinced to buy, or something that just randomly catches my interest.

This year I've played Rollerdrome, Sifu, Tunic and Streets of rage 4. Enjoyed all of them, had zero interest to buy them. Might even try Borderlands 3, but depends if I have time.

Same as you, I'm in the catch up middle area, it'll take a while for new releases to be games I haven't already bought but for the two months I've been subscribed I definitely got my moneys worth. Hope this continues. Have you tried Tales of Arise (It's probably the best game on there) and there are little gems if you give them your time like Metal Hellsinger, Dredge Cat Quest and Prodeus to name a few. 

No, I've never used PS +
Well, I've never used it besides from that one occasion during 2011 when Sony gave everyone 30 days of PS+ for free. If I recall, this was due to PSN being hacked and down for about 3 weeks.

I had premium for 1.5 years buying it for $90 during that first black Friday sale a few years ago. I played through a lot of gems and games I wouldn't have normally played through. When my membership was getting close to expiring, the price went up, the quality and quantity of games being added dropped, and I was noticing I played through most of the games I had wanted to play through in that 1.5 years. So I did cancel my membership in May when it was up, and I haven't seen any new games added that is making me want to jump back in. I had a good time with it, played some great games, but I don't think I will be signing up anytime soon again.

Yes but only because I'm game sharing with my brother.

I end up trying games that are intriguing even if I don't complete them, like Rollerdrome, Returnal, and SiFu. However, I did beat major games like FF7R, The Quarry, and GoT because of Plus, which are games I planned to pickup on sale eventually.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 05 July 2024

Around the Network

I use it for all the classic playstation games that should be backwards compatiable. 

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

I use it for all the classic playstation games that should be backwards compatiable. 

They should be and there should be a lot more of them of the service along with the ps3 games being able to download instead of having to stream them. There is no excuse apart from them wanting subscribers to stay by drip feeding them monthly. 

You need some better poll options. I chose no, looks like a rip-off. But I don't actually think it looks like a rip-off. I just don't use it because it isn't worth the money to me. I'm a game pass subscriber, and I barely make use of that game library. I certainly can't justify paying for another one.

VAMatt said:

You need some better poll options. I chose no, looks like a rip-off. But I don't actually think it looks like a rip-off. I just don't use it because it isn't worth the money to me. I'm a game pass subscriber, and I barely make use of that game library. I certainly can't justify paying for another one.

Have you looked at it at least? Which fo you think is better between the two in terms of catalogue? 

LegitHyperbole said:
VAMatt said:

Have you looked at it at least? Which fo you think is better between the two in terms of catalogue? 

I've looked at it. In terms of the back catalog, I don't really have a preference. I don't play a lot of older games.  But, the day one, AAA releases on game pass are a big value add for me. Also, my GP subscription is far, far cheaper than what I would have to pay for PS Plus.  I'm at around $6 per month for game pass ultimate.  If I had to pay $20 per month, it's unlikely that I would be a continuing subscriber. Right now, I think my limit is probably around $12 per month. That's the value I see.