By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 24, 2024 (Jun 10 - Jun 16)

Stellar Blade still at the top 30, nice.

Valdney said:
zeldaring said:

Mario wonder out of the top 10 sadly.

Sadly? Why? This game got more sales than it actually deserves. 

Hey, while it's not as revolutionary as Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World, it's still a very good game.

Around the Network
CourageTCD said:

These Mario Wonder haters don't take a break. Geez

Right!? It would be like a day without water 

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Valdney said:

Sadly? Why? This game got more sales than it actually deserves. 

Hey, while it's not as revolutionary as Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World, it's still a very good game.

I just finished the game on my laptop it's a solid 8 for me but I feel like it focuses on more on spectacle with the wonder seeds then actual gameplay. I feel like  it's that not hard to make a game much better then Mario World or mario 3 with the hardware we have today. They just have to take the donkey tropical freeze approach with these graphics and controls and it would be perfect 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 21 June 2024

zeldaring said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I just finished the game on my laptop it's a solid 8 for me but I feel like it focuses on more on spectacle with the wonder seeds then actual gameplay. I feel like  it's that not hard to make a game much better then Mario World or mario 3 with the hardware we have today. They just have to take the donkey tropical freeze approach with these graphics and controls and it would be perfect 

Making a better platformer than Mario World or Bros 3 is actually very hard; in the 30+ years since those games came out, very few in the genre have managed to rival them. Better technology doesn't necessarily mean better games.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Making a better platformer than Mario World or Bros 3 is actually very hard; in the 30+ years since those games came out, very few in the genre have managed to rival them. Better technology doesn't necessarily mean better games.

Yoshies island is up there as well,and the donkey kong games but to be fair there aren't many developer making them anymore and the genre could advance significantly but let's be honest these games rarely even break 3 million other then Mario and donkey kong. That's why  you saw very little effort for 2d mario for generations even though they sell over 20 million a game.

Ori  franchise looks phenomenal I have to try that.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 21 June 2024

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Yoshies island is up there as well,and the donkey kong games but to be fair there aren't many developer making them anymore and the genre could advance significantly but let's be honest these games rarely even break 3 million other then Mario and donkey kong. That's why  you saw very little effort for 2d mario for generations even though they sell over 20 million a game.

Yeah Yoshi's Island the DKC game are up there, it's just there's not many others on the level of something like Tropical Freeze. There's hundreds if not thousands of 2D platformers released since Bros 3/World, so it's not for lack of trying.

The most important ingredient for a game of this kind is fun, and that's not something that necessarily correlates with improving technology.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Yeah Yoshi's Island the DKC game are up there, it's just there's not many others on the level of something like Tropical Freeze. There's hundreds if not thousands of 2D platformers released since Bros 3/World, so it's not for lack of trying.

The most important ingredient for a game of this kind is fun, and that's not something that necessarily correlates with improving technology.

I honestly haven't tried many except super meat boy which was pretty amazing gameplay wise. I need something to excite me for me to wanna play it and sadly most are 16 bit looking games which I don't care about.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

I honestly haven't tried many except super meat boy which was pretty amazing gameplay wise. I need something to excite me for me to wanna play it and sadly most are 16 bit looking games which I don't care about.

Have you tried Rayman Legends?

For me, it's the best 2D platform game in ages. I still play it today, My only complain is that the story is somewhat poor.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

If you like Tropical Freeze, then Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a really good 2D platformer in a similar style.

Ori and the Blind Forest and its sequel Will of the Wisps are excellent too.

Thanks for the recommendations guys so many games too play it's insane time to be a gamer. I will diffently try Rayman legends and ori they both looking stunning graphically