By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War: E-Day Announcement!

Tagged games:

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I want to play it. I really do.

But I only played Gears 1, simce 2, 3 and Judgement never came to PC. This one looks like a prequel, do you guys think I can play E-DAY without having played the rest of the series?

100%.

E-Day is before Gears of War 1. Probably the best way to get into the series.

Around the Network

But... do you think... Kait will be there ? At least for the coop modes other than the campaign ?

-Adonis- said:

But... do you think... Kait will be there ? At least for the coop modes other than the campaign ?

At most a multiplayer skin 

smroadkill15 said:
-Adonis- said:

At most a multiplayer skin 

-Adonis- said:

This is a Prequel.. Kait wasn't even born yet I dont think. This is a story about Marcus and Dom's origins during E-Day.

She could Possibly be a MP skin which I would assume all future Gears will be skins in the Online mode.

Around the Network

3 is still the best. 4 was fine as it was more Gears. 5 is a letdown. When shooting it's fine just the open-world stuff sucks and the story sucks. I hope to never see or hear Del yelling or whining ever again. Fucking hate him. It will be nice to go back with Marcus and see Dom again. I hope we get the reg Lancers tho as I don't like Retro Lancers. How they handle. Also, I love to chainsaw shit. 9th gen baby face Marcus freaks me out somewhat lol

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

3 is still the best. 4 was fine as it was more Gears. 5 is a letdown. When shooting it's fine just the open-world stuff sucks and the story sucks. I hope to never see or hear Del yelling or whining ever again. Fucking hate him. It will be nice to go back with Marcus and see Dom again. I hope we get the reg Lancers tho as I don't like Retro Lancers. How they handle. Also, I love to chainsaw shit. 9th gen baby face Marcus freaks me out somewhat lol

I'm hearing the game will show the origin of the Chainsaw Lancer and how it came about.

The trailer basically teases this. Showing that Gears cant match a locust in Melee and they only had Retro Lancers. Guess the turning point of the war was when they were introduced the Chainsaw as the Retro wasn't good at breaking the locust skin.

I would love to see the origins of Marcus, Don and the Chainsaw with this Prequel. 

Leynos said:

Yep, Del is the worst thing to happen to the franchise. Was very relieved to see his neck snap in 5. 

I'm not sure how anyone thinks Del is more annoying than JD. Del was meh in 4, but I liked him much more in 5. Unlike JD, Del was likeable in 5 and was actual there for Kait when she needed it. Only reason killing choosing JD sucked was because Marcus has already been through enough.

Del yells and whines every 5 seconds in 4. Every single comment out of him is complaining. He is a trope character and nothing else. JD sucks as he is also trend written. But Del is a Western trope character born out of 2016 when everyone had to be overly self-aware like MAHVUL of bordering 4th wall breaking.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!