By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + CoD Black Ops Direct thread (live now)

Rate the Xbox showcase + Black Ops direct?

10 12 27.27%

9 19 43.18%

8 8 18.18%

7 2 4.55%

6 3 6.82%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:44
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

No starfield dlc?

It was there lol. House Va'ruun focused as hoped!

Around the Network

No starfield dlc?

yeah it was in there.

Overall probably the best games showcase I've seen in years! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ah, I went to eat, so must have missed it

Yeah, that was a 10/10 showcase for me. Amazing.

No starfield dlc?

They did show one.... think it was called shattered space or something?

Around the Network

Offering a new Series X with disc drive. So much for all the doom and gloomers saying it was going to be discontinued and go full digital.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:

Either representation doesn't matter, and there's no reason to care what the race/gender/w/e of the characters are, hence no reason to complain. Or...representation does matter, which would be a good reason to consciously add more of it. 

It should represent the society the games are made in right?
So like if 13% of america is black, roughly that amount of lead characters should be so as well right?
If then half of that is black women (~6-7%).  If you notice like 5 games in a row with a black female lead.... it stands out right? like its oddly many.

Also feel like you should factor in who the userbase is....  Im guessing less than 7% of xbox owners, are black women.

Ooooh Gears is back.
E-day.. a prequel?

If between 2007-2012 only 3% of video games had a black lead and   you want to go by the 13% rule, we have a lot of catching up to do.

That was probably the best showcase I've seen in years!

Well for me, that was probably the best MS showcase by far and probably up there with the best showcase period. Well done MS, there seems to be a lot of momentum between 2024 and 2025.

A few takeaways:

-JP support doesn't really seem to be getting any better, Square had nothing here in spite of their recent commitment to to multiplat releases, not even FF16 and the new Mana game like the leaker claimed we would see

-Forza Horizon has gone from 2 years of dev time on the first 4 games, to 3 years on Forza Horizon 5, to now 4 years on Forza Horizon 6

-Contraband a no-show, 3 years after announcement and 5 years after development on the game began, seems to be in dev hell

-Everwild a no-show, 5 years after announcement, also seems to be in dev hell