By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How far away are we from seeing games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spiderman 2018 on Switch/Switch 2?

160rmf said:
zeldaring said:

They have a bunch of ps3 games that would be easy to port on Switch and do well which has been a common thing for most developers to do on Switch, it also has 140 million user base vs switch 2 which is still unknown.

Uncharted 3

Ratchet and clank 

Sack boy 

Gow 3

Last of us 

They all would have did well enough on Switch.

They could do well by the beginning/middle in its lifetime, but just now that we are seeing Sony developing games for Switch. Some old games getting ported with the successor getting close, this has high chances to be forgotten and consequently a waste of time and resources.

And correct if I am wrong but isn't porting from ps3 kinda difficult because of its complex architecture? 

Naw switch is way more powerful then ps3.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
160rmf said:

They could do well by the beginning/middle in its lifetime, but just now that we are seeing Sony developing games for Switch. Some old games getting ported with the successor getting close, this has high chances to be forgotten and consequently a waste of time and resources.

And correct if I am wrong but isn't porting from ps3 kinda difficult because of its complex architecture? 

Show me a switch game that looks better then god of war 3 or uncharted 3 then.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
zeldaring said:

What looks better is Aways subjective. I thought red dead redemption was one of the best looking games that gen it ran 640p on ps3 with drops below 30fps constantly. The port on Switch runs 1080p locked 30fps. That's a massive jump that should leave no doubt it's way more powerful. 

zeldaring said:
160rmf said:

Where I said anything about Switch's power? I said that a translation from a game that was made with ps3 in mind wouldn't be easy because of the uniqueness of ps3 hardware. That's why most of the multiplats ports came from X360

We reap what we sow

xl-klaudkil said:
zeldaring said:

There are several, but Kingdom Come Deliverance comes to mind straight away. That's a game that even a PS4 Pro has drops below 25 fps. Not a chance PS3 could run that game. 

The Switch is way more powerful than a PS3, Nintendo is holding back from letting the Mariko/OLED models in particular flex, it's pretty obvious the Switch OLED can do games at 60 fps (even high end ports of Witcher 3, Hogwarts Legacy, DOOM Eternal can run at 60 fps on the Switch) and even do higher resolution comfortably, but they are not allowing it. IMO this is because they got a massive boost from COVID and realized a Switch Pro would only make selling a Switch 2 harder so they axed that and simply repurposed that as Switch OLED. They are going to force people to buy a Switch 2 to get 60 fps/higher resolution games. 

The OLED dock still allowing 4K output and the chipset having 4K/60 enabled are smoking guns that originally the OLED model was supposed to be something else. 

Around the Network
160rmf said:
zeldaring said:

Where I said anything about Switch's power? I said that a translation from a game that was made with ps3 in mind wouldn't be easy because of the uniqueness of ps3 hardware. That's why most of the multiplats ports came from X360

That's not true there were games that were lead developed  on ps3 and ran fine on 360.

Soundwave said:
xl-klaudkil said:

There are several, but Kingdom Come Deliverance comes to mind straight away. That's a game that even a PS4 Pro has drops below 25 fps. Not a chance PS3 could run that game. 

The Switch is way more powerful than a PS3, Nintendo is holding back from letting the Mariko/OLED models in particular flex, it's pretty obvious the Switch OLED can do games at 60 fps (even high end ports of Witcher 3, Hogwarts Legacy, DOOM Eternal can run at 60 fps on the Switch) and even do higher resolution comfortably, but they are not allowing it. IMO this is because they got a massive boost from COVID and realized a Switch Pro would only make selling a Switch 2 harder so they axed that and simply repurposed that as Switch OLED. They are going to force people to buy a Switch 2 to get 60 fps/higher resolution games. 

The OLED dock still allowing 4K output and the chipset having 4K/60 enabled are smoking guns that originally the OLED model was supposed to be something else. 

We are  talking about the specked  hardware. The fact that switch is more powerful if overclocked is irrelevant cause that's not the hardware 99.9% of players have.

zeldaring said:
160rmf said:

That's not true there were games that were lead developed  on ps3 and ran fine on 360.

I said it was difficult, not impossible 

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
zeldaring said:

It would not be difficult at all, cause switch is a good deal more powerful in almost every category. PS3 main problem was the split ram. red dead redemption was one of the most impressive looking games on 360/ps3 made by the most talented developers a quick port on switch is running at 1080p locked 30fps vs 720p/unstable 30fps. The horizon lego game is gonna be more challenging to port then any old ps3 game.

zeldaring said:
160rmf said:

It would not be difficult at all, cause switch is a good deal more powerful in almost every category. PS3 main problem was the split ram. red dead redemption was one of the most impressive looking games on 360/ps3 made by the most talented developers a quick port on switch is running at 1080p locked 30fps vs 720p/unstable 30fps. The horizon lego game is gonna be more challenging to port then any old ps3 game.

Fair enough, but Switch is in its last year so if there was any plan for Sony to port old games for a Nintendo system, probably it was skipped for a brand new platform full of potential 

We reap what we sow