By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 21.74%

No 7 30.43%

A bit but manageable 8 34.78%

No opinion 3 13.04%

Total:23

No surprise to anyone who has ever played a single FromSoft DLC. Right now I'm right on schedule to 100% the game by the time it launches (minus Farum Azula to keep the unburnt world aesthetics). Night comet + Staff of loss + Radagon's icon melting everything.

Also, I'm avoiding reviews, but apparently this is very long for a DLC - at least a full-sized FromSoft game long. They have cooked man.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

No surprise to anyone who has ever played a single FromSoft DLC. Right now I'm right on schedule to 100% the game by the time it launches (minus Farum Azula to keep the unburnt world aesthetics). Night comet + Staff of loss + Radagon's icon melting everything.

Also, I'm avoiding reviews, but apparently this is very long for a DLC - at least a full-sized FromSoft game long. They have cooked man.

This is going to piss off a lot of people though, there are newbies who overleveled through bosses and this is gonna be a shock to all those poor souls who think they "got gud". I'd imagine there will be nerfs after a backlash. 

Damn 95 on Metacritic for a DLC, honestly they should have made this it's own game.

Writing on Games said it is as big a dark souls but it doesn't look to be as long. People are saying 20 hours, some are saying 40 hours but I know one thing personally it's going to be a longer run for me, HLTB says Elden Ring is 100 hours main story and sides and I'm 270 hours into my save and have just unlocked Melenia alongside the final boss and still have three bosses tied to trophies that I can't find. If this is indeed harder than the base game and as big as dark souls but people are beating it in 20 hours, they must be godly gamers and have no heed for exploring the world.

Elden Ring GOTY 2022 and 2024. It's insane to see a DLC of this caliber release.

Around the Network

That's an insane score for a DLC the only other dlc i know scoring so high is the Witcher 3's Blood and wine doing 92. Are there others with scores that around level?

LegitHyperbole said:

This is going to piss off a lot of people though, there are newbies who overleveled through bosses and this is gonna be a shock to all those poor souls who think they "got gud". I'd imagine there will be nerfs after a backlash. 

I doubt it, this is still the easiest Souls game of all - if you care to use what tools it gives you. You just have higher levels and caps in the late game. So I'd expect just the average DLC difficulty, really.

Eric2048 said:

That's an insane score for a DLC the only other dlc i know scoring so high is the Witcher 3's Blood and wine doing 92. Are there others with scores that around level?

Not that I know of. Destiny 2: The Final Shape also got 92 just a few days ago. Maybe one of the FF14 expansions is 92-93 in some platform.

My body is ready and I'mma play it multiple times with different goals:

My first character, which I beat the game raw, is level 151. Quality build. Strength/Dex. I will find some new sword ot play with in the DLC
My second character I played coop with my roommate. Dex/Intelligence. Absurd level like 240 or something. (My roommates don't enjoy the challenge as much)
My New Character that I made just for the DLC is a level 160 Strength/Intelligence build with Dark Moon Greatsword.

All three are gonna ahve their mains. And those are all on PS5.

My PC Builds are nowhere near ready. I'll be focusing on PS5 first since I still prefer console gaming to PC gaming. That said I have 3 builds on PC that I Technically also have on PS5 (I build characters and leave them at a low level like a 'secret starting class' so I can just jump in later)

Fidget my Arcane/Dex build. Her thing is that she's fast and nimble and a treasure hunter, hence the arcane.
Afearnia the Strength/Intelligence build. Same as the one on console but only like level 25 at the moment.
HAbu the Dex/Faith build. Going for a Black Knife build. This one I'll be bum rushing the game through after I'm done on PS5.
I also have a Seamless coop version of the Strength/Intelligence build. Turns out I'm a HUGE Fan of that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Would both be funny and deserved if this DLC wins GOTY

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

DLC should not win GOTY imo. Witcher 3 blood and wine won best RPG in 2016 so shadow of the erdtree might get nominated for best RPG