By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Scadu of the Nerdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 17.24%

No 13 44.83%

A bit but manageable 8 27.59%

No opinion 3 10.34%

Total:29
HoloDust said:
LegitHyperbole said:

They lost me around the point when they started spamming that Demon boss all over the route under town at that point I didn't know where they were going with it and then the bosses are baffingly difficult while you can almost one shot the pursuer with the ballista not long before that. I don't think they even knew what they were going for, why souls 1 worked and went with difficulty for difficulties sake rather than fine tuning difficulty. It's such an infuriating thing cause it has the souls goodness at it's core and you wanna love it but alas, a tragedy of decisions pile up the more you play the game. Happy to hear you found joy in it all the same. 

The thing with me and Souls is that I barely remember anything about most of the things in them - it's a blessing really, since I can play them again whenever I feel like it and be surprised again with a lot of stuff. I honestly don't remember DS2 being harder than DS1 and 3 for me, and I genuinely liked effigy mechanism. If you ask me why I like DS2 the most, I'll have no good answer - it just is, and I don't know if it will be true once I replay them all again (well, if I ever find the time).

You tried Sekiro? 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
HoloDust said:

The thing with me and Souls is that I barely remember anything about most of the things in them - it's a blessing really, since I can play them again whenever I feel like it and be surprised again with a lot of stuff. I honestly don't remember DS2 being harder than DS1 and 3 for me, and I genuinely liked effigy mechanism. If you ask me why I like DS2 the most, I'll have no good answer - it just is, and I don't know if it will be true once I replay them all again (well, if I ever find the time).

You tried Sekiro? 

Yes...not a fan, tbh, since aspect that I like the most about Souls, intricate level design, didn't hook me (pun intended) in Sekiro. Lack of attributes also didn't sit quite well with me. And honestly, I like my FR Souls not straying far from Dark and Demon's, both in aesthetics and gameplay.

HoloDust said:
LegitHyperbole said:

You tried Sekiro? 

Yes...not a fan, tbh, since aspect that I like the most about Souls, intricate level design, didn't hook me (pun intended) in Sekiro. Lack of attributes also didn't sit quite well with me. And honestly, I like my FR Souls not straying far from Dark and Demon's, both in aesthetics and gameplay.

That's a pity, it's one of the best for that feeling of "fuck yeah, I did it" and in this case "I did it on their terms" since you can't out build and an RNG win is a rare occurance so your gonna be on like 50 tries at one boss and then bam, you learned the fight and beat the boss with what feels like godly skill. It's more difficult than Dark Souls 2 on your first run but it gets what a souls game is on a fundamental level far better even though it seems on the surface (and is in many aspects) to be far removed from soulsborne. It really doesn't feel to be, imagine the set build and progression system to be the same as DS2 not allowing you to over level and it's a souls lite. Truly no other game in the genre gives you the feeling of beating a boss, cause the fights are so intricate and last way longer than souls. Like you gave DS2 a second try, you should give Sekiro at least 10 chances to get acquainted with it, it really is that worth it. 

LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

The final boss(es)

You mean the glowing apparition is a dude? What.

I know the game's stories are VERY convoluted but that was the main character the DLC has been chasing the whole time. Miquella. (I figure at this point anyone in this thread already knows who the final bosses are).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm surprised many people found Dark Souls 2 to be a hard game. I found it to be the easiest of the Souls games. for most of the game i wondering if I was even playing Souls. The boss move-sets were so simple and basic that i could literally hold up a shield and walk circles around a boss to avoid taking damage. Most of the bosses I beat first try. I will say I haven't played through the DLC yet though so i don't know how hard those bosses compare to the main game.

I did find DS2 enjoyable though. I liked the variety it had in environments compared to the other games. the bonfire ascetics was a cool feature. and the weapon and armor sets are the best looking in the series. I also liked the visual/art direction of the game and I think the game holds up very well graphically.

Around the Network

I found the Final Boss of this DLC. Definitely not who i was expecting lol. i feel like i missed something in the story. I can get through his first phase fine but that second phase kicks my ass.

Think I'll explore around a bit and try to find the other bosses. seems like i missed a lot. Could use some more Scadutree fragments as well.

LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

The final boss(es)

You mean the glowing apparition is a dude? What.

Yes. Miquella's male. He's Malenia's elder twin brother. Youngest son of Marika with her second consort, Radagon 

LegitHyperbole said:
HoloDust said:

That's a pity, it's one of the best for that feeling of "fuck yeah, I did it" and in this case "I did it on their terms" since you can't out build and an RNG win is a rare occurance so your gonna be on like 50 tries at one boss and then bam, you learned the fight and beat the boss with what feels like godly skill. It's more difficult than Dark Souls 2 on your first run but it gets what a souls game is on a fundamental level far better even though it seems on the surface (and is in many aspects) to be far removed from soulsborne. It really doesn't feel to be, imagine the set build and progression system to be the same as DS2 not allowing you to over level and it's a souls lite. Truly no other game in the genre gives you the feeling of beating a boss, cause the fights are so intricate and last way longer than souls. Like you gave DS2 a second try, you should give Sekiro at least 10 chances to get acquainted with it, it really is that worth it. 

I see the value of Sekiro for those who play Souls-likes for those reasons - thing is, what drew me to Souls is 3D Metroidvania part of it, combined with great aesthetics and atmosphere, not combat and difficulty. TBH (since I wasn't familiar with King's Field), when Demon's popped up, my thoughts were in the ballpark of "oh look, kinda like Severance: Blade of Darkness, but with worse combat", and I didn't pay much attention to it. It was only after I actually tried DS1 I've got to appreciate FR mastery in level design and come to love Souls. So for me all the difficulty and boss fights are obstacle I need to overcome to get to new levels to explore - that's where my main satisfaction from Souls comes from, and that's not what I found to be what Sekiro shines at, at least from my POV, but who knows, maybe I'll give a try again one day.

HoloDust said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I see the value of Sekiro for those who play Souls-likes for those reasons - thing is, what drew me to Souls is 3D Metroidvania part of it, combined with great aesthetics and atmosphere, not combat and difficulty. TBH (since I wasn't familiar with King's Field), when Demon's popped up, my thoughts were in the ballpark of "oh look, kinda like Severance: Blade of Darkness, but with worse combat", and I didn't pay much attention to it. It was only after I actually tried DS1 I've got to appreciate FR mastery in level design and come to love Souls. So for me all the difficulty and boss fights are obstacle I need to overcome to get to new levels to explore - that's where my main satisfaction from Souls comes from, and that's not what I found to be what Sekiro shines at, at least from my POV, but who knows, maybe I'll give a try again one day.

Yeah, Sekiro has it but the not to the metroidvania degree, more like JRPG branching paths. It is fun to explore Sekiros world in the same way though, albeit it is fairly small. Sekiro wouldn't do it for ya in that regard cause the main fun is the boss design. 

Since we're posting spoilers now. The boss broke him and he broke more stuff. This is exactly why I knew I wouldn't be able to do this boss after seeing phase 2. I'll do it, just... not yet. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 09 July 2024