By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 19.23%

No 10 38.46%

A bit but manageable 8 30.77%

No opinion 3 11.54%

Total:26
LegitHyperbole said:
KLXVER said:

There is a quest you can do to get a NPC summon for the final boss. Also a mimic helps alot.

I can't summon the mimic, he won't give me time and since it takes a chunk of your health it usually ends in me getting isnta killed. I can't even sup on the estus flasks cause there just isn't a window or if there is it's incredibly precise. At any rate I think I killed all the NPC's once I burned that tree. 

Take a sip of the physick flask with a shield ingredient before going in.

I mean it still took me 10-15 hours to beat the last boss with my mimic. So Im not the best to give advice. lol

Around the Network

Fun bit of trivia for everyone busting out their mimic tear:

During development, the mimic was supposed to be a whole character of their own called an assimi, a sort of doppelganger that you could create, customize, and perhaps even chat with at bonfires and such.

Assimis also apparently tended to 'infect' their creators, effectively merging with them. This would probably have been the explanation for the whole Marika-Radagon and Miquella-St. Trina thing before the shamans and flesh-melding.

By the way, after the DLC, the whole happy family is now tragically gone forever (depending on your playthrough).

Thanks, GRRM.

I bought elden ring for all the hype, my first from software game, i tried and it kicked my ass so hard. Can someone recomend whatd the best class to choose for a begginer? I really want to finish this game

Lukas85 said:

I bought elden ring for all the hype, my first from software game, i tried and it kicked my ass so hard. Can someone recomend whatd the best class to choose for a begginer? I really want to finish this game

Samurai will get you far enough, it's easy and agile. There is an optional tutorial you might miss in the first cave before you enter the open world and you want to make sure you reach the third or fourth site of grace which will allow you to level up and get stronger. The best route to go first is south after you get to that grace and explore, it's the easiest part of the game. 

Ann example of a perfect boss, only Melenia and Rellana are on this level. It's tight, fun to learn, lasts long enough to get adrenaline flowing, tough but not unfair, the camera doesn't twitch ot glitch, his moveset is easily understandable but also diverse. Reflexes aren't stretched tobthe limits of human possibility. Fromsoft at their best. 

Around the Network
Lukas85 said:

Class doesn't matter too much. The key is learning how scaling works.  I think a dex build is the easiest. Once you learn scaling and build properly Souls games aren't too hard.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

^ Exactly. Realise that Samurai's starting weapon scales of Dexterity stats and if you change the weapon you might change the scaling so choosing your class is more about choosing what weapon type you want to scale of for the early game. You won't be able to properly use a great sword for example, you can but you'll be weak on Strength for it.

An easy way they can nerf final boss is my cutting his fucking hair in phase 2. I can't believe this nonsense is still pulling me back. Abandon all hope, ye who enter. Fucking bastard boss.

LegitHyperbole said:

^ Exactly. Realise that Samurai's starting weapon scales of Dexterity stats and if you change the weapon you might change the scaling so choosing your class is more about choosing what weapon type you want to scale of for the early game. You won't be able to properly use a great sword for example, you can but you'll be weak on Strength for it.

Absolutely.  I used to be horrible at Souls and hated the series, now it is my second favorite franchise.  I kept trying to make a balanced character which does not work.  Pick a build and always stick with it.  If using a DEX weapon, upgrade it for better scaling and throw levels into DEX.  The scaling is really unique in the series, I think it is imperative to understand scaling.  I also always thought upgrading stamina was key.  Typically, I level up DEX + Stamina + HP.  Leave everything else alone.  

Edit

I also think weapon doesn't really matter.  All weapons are fine, the weapon just needs to map the character build.  Though for new people I like halberds due to the reach.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Absolutely.  I used to be horrible at Souls and hated the series, now it is my second favorite franchise.  I kept trying to make a balanced character which does not work.  Pick a build and always stick with it.  If using a DEX weapon, upgrade it for better scaling and throw levels into DEX.  The scaling is really unique in the series, I think it is imperative to understand scaling.  I also always thought upgrading stamina was key.  Typically, I level up DEX + Stamina + HP.  Leave everything else alone.  

Edit

I also think weapon doesn't really matter.  All weapons are fine, the weapon just needs to map the character build.  Though for new people I like halberds due to the reach.  

Aye, Haliberds are fairly begginer friendly. 

I done similar mistakes. Never used to level up HP so I made my gaming experience very difficult as a glass Canon, only Elden Ring and specifically the DLC made me realise the importance of vigor.I always thought damage and time to kill would make up for the low health pool, I'm currently replaying Souls 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro, I'm practically speed running the first two by having enough health to trade with a boss if it comes to it, staying alive is more important than anything else it seems.