By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 20.00%

No 9 36.00%

A bit but manageable 8 32.00%

No opinion 3 12.00%

Total:25
IcaroRibeiro said:

Beaten the final boss is 16 or 17 tries

Super cheap boss if you are a ranged unit, you need to go aggressive to have a chance. I tried to run and was always decimated, but when I stick with aggressive gameplay and Ashe of War spamm a finally managed to beat them

For the second phase Golden Braid and Golden Light Fortification kept me alive when the flash lights started popping

Blasphemous Blade did the trick for offensive (use the heaviest armor you can wield to not be poise-break during the fight), very good range and with help of Shard of Alexander great damage output

Beat it in level 228, didn't need to grind or collect additional weapons.

At Level 210 NG+ and the DLC feels easier than normal game at Level 170. Like, waaaaay easier. Just killed the same enemy that made me rage quit no problem. Maybe I'm in better form but I see chunks of health coming out of enemies now where it was chip damage before. Scadu is only one Level higher too, Idk what the maths are but NG+ doesn't effect things in the games favour. 

Around the Network

Can anyone tell me do these Scadu fragments have a cap going through NG pluses? Anyone out there who max to level 21 going into NG+ now on the DLC?

LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Also, Shadow Keep is probably the best legacy dungeon in the game

Do you think duel weilding uguchiganatas off Arcane will be better than this current build, my stats are at the end of the video. If not anything else I can do to improve this, I find the critical strike talisman to be a rare proc. Sorry for the long video, she took an age to die...

She's particularly sucetible to bleed, if it was two Uchigatanas with higher bleed buildup she would have died way earlier 

This dragon lion piece of armour is a trap, it decreases the flask HP recovery. I don't think it's worth it 

Since you're in NG+, go for Nagakiba. Better range than Uchi and negligible difference in damage

And really... just start using your ashes of war. They are good and will save your ass

Looking for the way you fight I'd suggest trying some curved swords as well. They suit your playstyle 

LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Beaten the final boss is 16 or 17 tries

Super cheap boss if you are a ranged unit, you need to go aggressive to have a chance. I tried to run and was always decimated, but when I stick with aggressive gameplay and Ashe of War spamm a finally managed to beat them

For the second phase Golden Braid and Golden Light Fortification kept me alive when the flash lights started popping

Blasphemous Blade did the trick for offensive (use the heaviest armor you can wield to not be poise-break during the fight), very good range and with help of Shard of Alexander great damage output

Beat it in level 228, didn't need to grind or collect additional weapons.

At Level 210 NG+ and the DLC feels easier than normal game at Level 170. Like, waaaaay easier. Just killed the same enemy that made me rage quit no problem. Maybe I'm in better form but I see chunks of health coming out of enemies now where it was chip damage before. Scadu is only one Level higher too, Idk what the maths are but NG+ doesn't effect things in the games favour. 

Maybe your build now is better? 

I started on NG at level 170 and damage output was never a problem for me 

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Do you think duel weilding uguchiganatas off Arcane will be better than this current build, my stats are at the end of the video. If not anything else I can do to improve this, I find the critical strike talisman to be a rare proc. Sorry for the long video, she took an age to die...

She's particularly sucetible to bleed, if it was two Uchigatanas with higher bleed buildup she would have died way earlier 

This dragon lion piece of armour is a trap, it decreases the flask HP recovery. I don't think it's worth it 

Since you're in NG+, go for Nagakiba. Better range than Uchi and negligible difference in damage

And really... just start using your ashes of war. They are good and will save your ass

Looking for the way you fight I'd suggest trying some curved swords as well. They suit your playstyle 

Didn't realise there was debuff on the hat, thanks a deal man. The problem with ahes of war is they need FP and I can't be arsed switching flasks. I'll have a look for the nagakiba, do you still suggest scaling off of Arcane and is there another stat I'm looking for, to make the scaling more effective, probably DEX, right?

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Maybe your build now is better? 

I started on NG at level 170 and damage output was never a problem for me 

Holy shit, you made 58 levels in the DLC, damn. I'll have to give in and explore it and nah, it's not my build. The consecrated snow feild/farum azusa and end game stuff in the base game is actually more difficult now, or feels it anyway.

My build is better also, so that indeed probably helps. 

With HDR on, this DLC and base game is one of the best looking games out there. Obviously not as "graphical" than stuff like Sony first party but it beats it in style, colour and artistic look.

Bayle down, the summon is actually useful in Phase 2, for once. I think I have only the last boss left of the major ones. Had to change weapons and talismans for Bayle; the Ancient Meterorite Greatsword did wonders against him, had him on the second try with that one!

Watching asmon playing a build other than straight strength is strange, he's about to become a better gamer for this decision. Gotta love seeing someone outta their comfort zone.