By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LEGO Horizon Adventures announced for PS5, PC, and Switch

KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

I would rather have Zelda versus Rabbids.  

I would like another Lego City Undercover.

Fair point.  Undercover was pretty damn fun.  Really underrated.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
KLXVER said:

Sure, but enough to be an exclusive?

With mario or zelda attached to the brand of course. 

Well maybe. Mario at least would probably do around 3-5M.

KLXVER said:
zeldaring said:

With mario or zelda attached to the brand of course. 

I would think at least 6-7 million. Especially if released earlier in switch like cycle I mean you have things like Zelda remasters doing 4-6 million. Zelda and mario just fit in perfectly for Lego it's kinda crazy it still hasn't happened. 

zeldaring said:
KLXVER said:

I would think at least 6-7 million. Especially if released earlier in switch like cycle I mean you have things like Zelda remasters doing 4-6 million. Zelda and mario just fit in perfectly for Lego it's kinda crazy it still hasn't happened. 

Nintendo can be a bit too protective. I mean Samus was supposed to be in Fortnite, but Nintendo wanted her to only be available in the Switch version. Epic was ok with that, but Nintendo also wanted it to be so players on other console couldnt even see Samus and just see a generic avatar or whatever, so it fell through.

KLXVER said:
zeldaring said:

Nintendo can be a bit too protective. I mean Samus was supposed to be in Fortnite, but Nintendo wanted her to only be available in the Switch version. Epic was ok with that, but Nintendo also wanted it to be so players on other console couldnt even see Samus and just see a generic avatar or whatever, so it fell through.

lol that's ridiculous. samus is like their  smallest IP 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
KLXVER said:

lol that's ridiculous. samus is like their  smallest IP 

Indeed, so imagine how they act with their big IPs. I think theres a reason why you never hear from the animators of the Mario movie. lol

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Turns out the game is being made on Unreal Engine 5:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/lego-horizon-adventures-is-powered-by-unreal-engine-5-and-it-will-have-ray-tracing/

Aside from Fortnite which transitioned across a while back, I believe this may be the first Unreal Engine 5 title on Switch.

Previews are also out and seem to be quite positive:

https://www.pushsquare.com/features/preview-lego-horizon-adventures-is-an-unexpected-but-very-pleasant-surprise

https://www.ign.com/articles/lego-horizon-adventures-preview-lets-do-a-silly-one

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/lego-horizon-adventures-isnt-your-typical-lego-game/1100-6524180/

https://www.eurogamer.net/lego-horizon-adventures-is-a-perfect-match-a-breezy-light-hearted-approach-the-series-has-perhaps-always-needed

I have no idea why they wanted to make a Lego game because this is not gonna sell on Playstations 5 lol so hopefully it does really well in switch.

It'll probably sell best on Switch, but it could still do decent numbers on Playstation; a plenty of kids play on PS5 and plenty of adults still love LEGO.

As to why they wanted to make it, they want to expand Horizon's audience by reaching new players; get kids hooked on the IP so when they get older they want to play the mainline games.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I have no idea why they wanted to make a Lego game because this is not gonna sell on Playstations 5 lol so hopefully it does really well in switch.

It'll probably sell best on Switch, but it could still do decent numbers on Playstation; a plenty of kids play on PS5 and plenty of adults still love LEGO.

As to why they wanted to make it, they want to expand Horizon's audience by reaching new players; get kids hooked on the IP so when they get older they want to play the mainline games.

I think it will do best on PS5. Thats were the fans of the IP is after all.

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

Horizon fans yes, but the fanbase for the LEGO games seems to be bigger on Switch.

We'll probably never know, but it would be cool to get a sales breakdown someday. 

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Horizon fans yes, but the fanbase for the LEGO games seems to be bigger on Switch.

We'll probably never know, but it would be cool to get a sales breakdown someday. 

Yea i don't think horizon fans care about the Lego version. I have friends huge fans of the series and don't even talk about the Lego version. I'm a huge fan of batman could care less about a batman Lego game. Horizon isn't even that big with the sony fan base.