By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

I never thought about it before but now I'm curious if the switch 2 will drop motion controls to shave some money.  

I dont think so. Things like Switch Sports and Ringfit Adventure sold incredibly well. Also BC would be affected by that.

You are probably right.  Plus it may not save much money either.  I'm more curious just to have official confirmation on what the S2 is.  

Edit

Part of me is skeptical about the S2 being 8 inches, fast ram and 12 gb.  The Ally x has same fast ram, granted 24 gb and is $800.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
KLXVER said:

I dont think so. Things like Switch Sports and Ringfit Adventure sold incredibly well. Also BC would be affected by that.

You are probably right.  Plus it may not save much money either.  I'm more curious just to have official confirmation on what the S2 is.  

Edit

Part of me is skeptical about the S2 being 8 inches, fast ram and 12 gb.  The Ally x has same fast ram, granted 24 gb and is $800.

You can't really compare, something that probably will sell 1 million lifetime to something that will sell 100 million they will get the parts much cheaper and nintendo most likely went with a very cheap node for the GPU.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Edit

You can't really compare, something that probably will sell 1 million lifetime to something that will sell 100 million they will get the parts much cheaper and nintendo most likely went with a very cheap node for the GPU.

No doubt. But I think Nintendo targets $400...  plus Nintendo has a dock.  Feels like something might get cut.  I could be wrong.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

halil23 said:

I know that!! You seriously think it worth the time and money to port it to xbone to just sell a handful? 

Aren't about 30 million people still gaming on the Xbox One?  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Motion controls are no more core on Wii than Switch. On Wii they "seem" more core to the console because they were new and very hot at the time but once you sit back and think about it, Switch truly makes the same use of them and if amything took it even futher. Very few games forced it and many of them were optional on both. So no Switch will not drop motion because it is core. Switch is Wiis direct descendent and Nintendo was definitely aiming to make Switch as much like Wii as possible.

Wii Sports and Nintendo Switch Sports had forced motion. 

Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe both have the same options.

Wii Fit and Ring Fit Adventure have similar use of motion but are designed around their respective add ons. 

Wii Play and Labo offer unique usage of motion controls.

Skyward Sword was desugned around motion but so was Arms.

Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Odyssey had motion controls. Galaxy actually had far less lol, have you seen the amount of moves Mario could do in Odyssey? Some of the moves are motion only such as throwing the hat (not the hat capturing).

Motion controls are just as core to Switch as to Wii except motion controls were vastly more popular on Wii due to it being new.

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 06 June 2024

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
halil23 said:

I know that!! You seriously think it worth the time and money to port it to xbone to just sell a handful? 

Aren't about 30 million people still gaming on the Xbox One?  

Really? That seems a bit high. 

Edit: Well if 60m are still on PS4 then that does seem about right. 

Speaking on the graphics front, my favorite game of the year is a throwback to Ogre Battle 64 that runs perfectly on Nintendo Switch. And it looks damned good, thanks to the artistic style of the particular developer that made it. My next favorite is a Gamecube remake that also looks really good despite taking a FPS cut from its source material.

znake said:

King Switch coming for all time record forever.
Im sure they will reach 170 million

Phenomajp13 said:

Motion controls are no more core on Wii than Switch. On Wii they "seem" more core to the console because they were new and very hot at the time but once you sit back and think about it, Switch truly makes the same use of them and if amything took it even futher. Very few games forced it and many of them were optional on both. So no Switch will not drop motion because it is core. Switch is Wiis direct descendent and Nintendo was definitely aiming to make Switch as much like Wii as possible.

Wii Fit and Ring Fit Adventure have similar use of motion but are designed around their respective add ons. 

Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Odyssey had motion controls. Galaxy actually had far less lol, have you seen the amount of moves Mario could do in Odyssey? Some of the moves are motion only such as throwing the hat (not the hat capturing).

Motion controls are just as core to Switch as to Wii except motion controls were vastly more popular on Wii due to it being new.

You can't even play many wii games with out motion controls they don't even give the option to use a pro controller. When almost every gamer prefers a pro controller over  the switch joycons  and how motion controls haven't really advanced at all, it's definitely not a core feature and really has very little do why the switch  was successful unlike the wii.

zeldaring said:

Phenomajp13 said:

You can't even play many wii games with out motion controls they don't even give the option to use a pro controller. When almost every gamer prefers a pro controller over  the switch joycons  and how motion controls haven't really advanced at all, it's definitely not a core feature and really has very little do why the switch  was successful unlike the wii.

What are these Wii games you can't? They are likely the same games you cant on Switch because it makes sense to only offer motion such as the motion control sports minigames. Games like Carnival Games released on Wii and Switch for a reason. Also Wii and Switch are successful for the same reason... Nintendo games. No one saw the wii remote and thought "omg, motion controller! They saw people playing Wii Sports with a wii remote. Trying to separate these two is nonsense, Nintendo was clearly aiming this thing to be like Wii. Friendcodes and all lol. Joycons are the very definition of improved Wii remotes. Motion is core to Switch by no stretch of the imagination are they not, you only feel this way because motion was far more popular on Wii. 

Lol, I love how you think you determine every gamer prefers the pro controller. Several games supported the Wiis classic controller. 

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Phenomajp13 said:

What are these Wii games you can't? They are likely the same games you cant on Switch because it makes sense to only offer motion such as the motion control sports minigames. Games like Carnival Games released on Wii and Switch for a reason. Also Wii and Switch are successful for the same reason... Nintendo games. No one saw the wii remote and thought "omg, motion controller! They saw people playing Wii Sports with a wii remote. Trying to separate these two is nonsense, Nintendo was clearly aiming this thing to be like Wii. Friendcodes and all lol. Joycons are the very definition of improved Wii remotes. Motion is core to Switch by no stretch of the imagination are they not, you only feel this way because motion was far more popular on Wii. 

Lol, I love how you think you determine every gamer prefers the pro controller. Several games supported the Wiis classic controller. 

what are you talking about? on wii there was no option to play most games with out using motion it was forced on you. you could not use a pro controller to play mario galaxy 1 and 2 for example, zelda, donkey kong. lets no forget also kinect was massive so it wasn't just Nintendo games, and just look at the wii and kinect  successor they were DOA because while it was a cool and fresh concept people got tired of it and figured out that games with out motion controls play better for the most part, that's why very few games are built with motion control being the core of the game.