By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hellblade II - "A defining moment in the evolution of realtime graphics"

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2024-senuas-saga-hellblade-2-is-a-defining-moment-in-the-evolution-of-real-time-graphics

"Ninja Theory has made one of the most technically accomplished examples of real-time graphics we've seen to date and it absolutely should be experienced."

Around the Network

It looks stunning. I heard it's amazing even on Series S.

I still need to see more of this and Alan Wake II, but I'm avoiding some videos because I don't want spoilers. Need to try the games for myself.

But sales don't look good.

I couldn't get into the first title. Combat and puzzles just didn't do it for me.

It does look stunning and in a way demonstrates current gen hardware really hasn't been pushed yet.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:

I couldn't get into the first title. Combat and puzzles just didn't do it for me.

It does look stunning and in a way demonstrates current gen hardware really hasn't been pushed yet.

I actually liked combat, due to being able to feint, which is quite rare in games...but that's about all I liked.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Chrkeller said:

I actually liked combat, due to being able to feint, which is quite rare in games...but that's about all I liked.

I am tempted to grab the game just to see the graphics of Hellblade 2.  Recommended GPU via Steam is a 3080, which is crazy.  The game has to be stunning in motion.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

It's pretty, sure, although Luke Stephens had some things to say even about the graphics.
There doesn't seem to very much else to this game, unfortunately. But DF being the Microsoft shills that they are, not surprising.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Because its a 4,5 to 5hour long game.
Thats on gamepass.... so you can play it there, instead of buying it.

Also its very light on actual gameplay.... 1,5-2hours or so, rest is cutscenes, from what I hear.
Then the actual gameplay is basically walking forwards, and cakewake combat, and puzzles much simplier than the first game.
Theres been people saying, its a enjoyable experiance, but a bad game.
I've heard people say "just watch a walkthrough instead".

The graphics are fantastic though.

Hellblade 2 proved less successful than the hi-fi rush.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hellblade 2 proved less successful than the hi-fi rush.

Could you actually stick to the topic of the thread?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 May 2024