By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which porting studio made the most impressive Switch ports?

Most impressive Switch porting studio?

Panic Button 13 44.83%

Saber Interactive 7 24.14%

Virtuos 4 13.79%

Rebellion North 1 3.45%

Feral Interactive 2 6.90%

QLOC 1 3.45%

Iron Galaxy 1 3.45%

Other 0 0%

Total:29

Over the Switch's lifespan, there have been a multitude of ambitious ports to the system, including the infamous "impossible ports" starting from Doom way back in 2017.

Which studio do you think has done the most impressive work in bringing demanding games to the Switch, and why in your opinion to they deserve the title?

For reference, some examples and some of the noteworthy titles they have worked on:

Panic Button: Doom, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein II, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Apex Legends, Rocket League, Warframe

Saber Interactive: Witcher 3, Crysis Remastered Trilogy, World War Z, Kingdom Come Deliverance

Virtuos: Starlink, Dark Souls, LA Noire, Bioshock trilogy, Dying Light, Nier Automata

Rebellion North: Sniper Elite 2/3/4, Zombie Army Trilogy, Zombie Army 4, Strange Brigade

Feral Interactive: Alien Isolation, GRID Autosport, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

QLOC: Hellblade, Dragon's Dogma, Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighbourville

Iron Galaxy: Skyrim, Dauntless, Diablo III, Overwatch

Around the Network

Switch has too many impossible ports. I have listed Virtuos but it is actually impossible to name just one.

(Excuse my possible bad grammar)

Whoever was responsible for bringing Persona 5 Royal. That game was just so massive for Switch!

Great work by a bunch of developers!
I voted QLOC due to them being one of the devs without any votes.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Tough call between Panic Button and Saber. Doom was the first 'impossible port' and set the stage for all that followed. Doom Eternal still seemed impossible given it was running on the next generation of ID tech from the 2016 game. For Saber, the Witcher, Crysis Trilogy, and Kingdom Come all seemed impossible despite the studio's previous success.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:

Whoever was responsible for bringing Persona 5 Royal. That game was just so massive for Switch!

What? Persona 5 is a PS3 game. And even then, the Switch version runs at 720p docked, 540p portable mode, both at 30fps. Those are the settings games like The Witcher 3 or DOOM target on Switch.

The trophy goes to: Unity and Unreal Engine.

The point of using a game engine is for the game to run on as many devices as possible. Switch hardware isn't as weak as people like to pretend when they are talking smack.

Saber. Witcher 3 and KCD are miracle ports

Tough call as a lot of those were digital only or bad physical copies with loads to download.

Feel like panic button pulled out all the stops, to optimise things. They put in alot of effort.
You could say the same for Saber, however even if impressive I dont feel like the games run as well, as the ones panic button ported.