By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF7 Rebirth has reportedly sold half what Remake did in the same timeframe

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

No I said the home console market between Playstation and XBox has not grown. Which is correct. I said GTAV has not grown the PS-XBox market ... which is also correct. 

GTAV has grown the market as whole you are just ignoring PC , doesn't really matter GTA franchise is whole different beast now, when trailer views 4-5x every gaming trailer views in the past 5 years years we know the interest is nothing like we seen before. 

Hasn't grown the home console market (as in the one involving Playstation, XBox, Nintendo platforms). That's a fact. 

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I'm so glad I play games and not labels. I don't care if it is Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or PC... games are meant to be enjoyed not as some personal badge of honor that needs to be protected at all costs. Such Tomfoolery.

On a happier note PM 1000 Yr Door is quite good. Made it too Hooktail's castle.

Please continue, don't let actual playing of games interrupt the console warz!

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

lol do you do the same thing for Nintendo? when you combine and handhelds and home consoles Nintendo market is shrinking. obviously we are in a different market now and pc will only get much bigger. 

Good that PC grows, let Sony eat their own tail just like Microsoft has done putting games on PC. XBox hardware as we've known it is going down the toilet and selling worse and worse by the quarter, if Sony wants to follow that same path, I would think Nintendo is smiling in watching them. 

The more they try to support the PC, the more it will damage the Playstation, there is no way around it, but their new president is a money/margin hungry business suit. I'm sure Nintendo would be just fine if that's the direction he takes the company towards. 

All these business suits at all of these other companies is a good thing for Nintendo. They're driving all these companies into a direction that directly or indirectly benefits Nintendo. They're completely destroying the model of Playstation exclusives overall, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party, they're devaluing all of it. If Sony doesn't believe in console exclusives, no 3rd party plausibly can either. That's great for Nintendo, everyone else becoming a port whore is terrific. 

Nintendo will do the same eventually. Like you said games are taking forever to make. The switch got a huge boost with wiiu ports and remasters and being a low spec console. what are they gonna do eventually everything reaches a peak, and switch 2  being stronger then ps4 game budgets will be much bigger now if they wanna impress on top of that they released a massive zelda and 2d mario already and the switch user base doesn't even care about graphics good luck nintendo.

Chrkeller said:

I'm so glad I play games and not labels. I don't care if it is Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or PC... games are meant to be enjoyed not as some personal badge of honor that needs to be protected at all costs. Such Tomfoolery.

On a happier PM 1000 Yr Door is quite good. Made it too Hooktail's castle.

Please continue.

The whole "all platform users should be friends" would probably hold more water when you're not dropping the "if don't you game on a high end PC, you suck, this game will be completely unplayable if there's tiny DLSS shimmer, that platform doesn't deserve that game!" posts a few hours later. 

When it comes to technical gatekeeping and trying to shame groups of gamers you got no qualms doing dropping the "lets all be friends" act then. 

The "I'm only here to play games, everyone should focus on  that" when you clearly bring nothing but an agenda in almost every Nintendo thread is rich irony. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 23 May 2024

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

Good that PC grows, let Sony eat their own tail just like Microsoft has done putting games on PC. XBox hardware as we've known it is going down the toilet and selling worse and worse by the quarter, if Sony wants to follow that same path, I would think Nintendo is smiling in watching them. 

The more they try to support the PC, the more it will damage the Playstation, there is no way around it, but their new president is a money/margin hungry business suit. I'm sure Nintendo would be just fine if that's the direction he takes the company towards. 

All these business suits at all of these other companies is a good thing for Nintendo. They're driving all these companies into a direction that directly or indirectly benefits Nintendo. They're completely destroying the model of Playstation exclusives overall, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party, they're devaluing all of it. If Sony doesn't believe in console exclusives, no 3rd party plausibly can either. That's great for Nintendo, everyone else becoming a port whore is terrific. 

Nintendo will do the same eventually. Like you said games are taking forever to make. The switch got a huge boost with wiiu ports and remasters and being a low spec console. what are they gonna do eventually everything reaches a peak, and switch 2  being stronger then ps4 game budgets will be much bigger now if they wanna impress on top of that they released a massive zelda and 2d mario already and the switch user base doesn't even care about graphics good luck nintendo.

This will be you waiting for Nintendo to bring their games to PC:

"Lets embrace a business model that destroyed the XBox hardware division and caused decline for the Playstation", I'm sure Nintendo will be all over that idea, lol. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

On a happier PM 1000 Yr Door is quite good. Made it too Hooktail's castle.

Please continue.

The whole "all platform users should be friends" would probably hold more water when you're not dropping the "if you game on a high end PC, you suck, this game will be completely unplayable if there's tiny DLSS shimmer, that platform doesn't deserve that game!" posts a few hours later. 

When it comes to technical gatekeeping and trying to shame groups of gamers you got no qualms doing dropping the "lets all be friends" act then. 

The "I'm only here to play games, everyone should focus on  that" when you clearly bring nothing but an agenda in almost every Nintendo thread is rich irony. 

I will kindly ask you to stop lying about my posts.  I've pointed out differences  between hardware and performance, nothing more.  I could easily find dozens of posts where I wholly support people playing how the see fit.

Page 47 of this very thread:

" People should buy what fits their preferences."

So I will ask you to stop lying.  None of your characterization of my posts is accurate and you know it. So stop.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

This will be you waiting for Nintendo to bring their games to PC:

"Lets embrace a business model that destroyed the XBox hardware division and caused decline for the Playstation", I'm sure Nintendo will be all over that idea, lol. 

Gaming will decline because we peaked when switch 3 comes out it will be a ps4 to ps5 jump and most games will be crossgen look how long hardware cycles are taking now, it's gonna be very interesting but eventually Nintendo will jump on the boat as well unless they find  a crazy new gimmick.

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

The whole "all platform users should be friends" would probably hold more water when you're not dropping the "if you game on a high end PC, you suck, this game will be completely unplayable if there's tiny DLSS shimmer, that platform doesn't deserve that game!" posts a few hours later. 

I will kindly ask you to stop lying about my posts.  I've pointed out differences  between hardware and performance, nothing more.  I could easily find dozens of posts where I wholly support people playing how the see fit.

So I will ask you to stop lying.  None of your characterization of my posts is accurate and you know it. So stop.

I'm not, you have the same agenda of trying to undercut the Switch 2 or any excitement about particularly anything on the technical side of it and clearly are gatekeeping hard. 

Any kind of information that might be remotely positive for Switch 2, the same two posters come in and try to downplay it immediately like a bat signal has gone off in the sky, and fine, if that's your whole schtick, hey that's you. You've been posting that way for a year+ from what I can tell, so why stop now. 

But don't come crawling afterwards saying "can't we all just play games", like gimme a break, lol. If that's your persona as a poster then own it, don't flip flop when you realize you're not on the winning end of a debate.

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm not, you have the same agenda of trying to undercut the Switch 2 or any excitement about particularly anything on the technical side of it and clearly are gatekeeping hard. 

Any kind of information that might be remotely positive for Switch 2, the same two posters come in and try to downplay it immediately like a bat signal has gone off in the sky, and fine, if that's your whole schtick, that's you. 

But don't come crawling afterwards saying "can't we all just play games", like gimme a break, lol. If that's your persona as a poster then own it, don't flip flop when you realize you're not on the winning end of a debate. 

Stop lying.  In the S2 performance thread I said and I quote:

"I also think DLSS will work better for Nintendo games than third party, again given their cartoon art style.  I say that because of WWHD on CEMU.  Upscaling was amazing."

Stop lying.  I have made it clear numerous times I own all Nintendo hardware, they are my favorite developer and I wholly support any and all performances. 

I will ask you one last time to stop lying or this will be our last interaction.  You can disagree with me all day, but I will not have you intentionally lying about what I've posted.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED