By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February Circana (NPD) 2024 Thread + Predictions

chakkra said:

That Xbox drop was not as bad as I expected it to be; it seems that Series S promotion did its job.

A big difference for Xbox between the US and Europe reports. It is down 19% in the US and down 47% in the markets covered in the Europe report.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Are these numbers fakes ?

NightF0x73 said:

I don't see why that user would have more insight than Mat for NPD lol. 

NightF0x73 said:

They are 100% fake. Mat replied to him saying the Xbox Series X|S relatively to the other consoles performed the best, which means it was the console down 19% year-over-year and the PS5 and Switch are down by over 19%.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
NightF0x73 said:

They are 100% fake. Mat replied to him saying the Xbox Series X|S relatively to the other consoles performed the best, which means it was the console down 19% year-over-year and the PS5 and Switch are down by over 19%.

Ok thanks for the answer.

I learn after that the 19% down was for revenue and not units.

But it seems incoherent if Xbox was -64% it could still be 2nd after PS5 as Mat said.

Even though they came in first, it seems like Sony was down more than it expected because this month they cut prices for the PS5. I am interested to see it this delivers a YoY increase for them.

Looks like Finial Fantasy did pretty good as well. Do we have any comparisons to Remake from Mat?

CosmicSex said:

Looks like Finial Fantasy did pretty good as well. Do we have any comparisons to Remake from Mat?

No we don't. Which in itself, probably is a slight worry since it hasn't seem to establish any kind of milestone. Nothing from the publisher side too. 

From the trends going around. Most prolly down from VIIR but close to XVI. Anywoo, it'll be fun to see if SE has the guts to even put numbers on the plate with their shareholders. We've yet to hear any update on XVI sales but no news since the 3M milestone.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909