By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dualsense on PC

I bought a cheap MSI controller. Works perfectly. I would prefer an Xbox controller but christ the cost is high

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Leynos said:

No not really. Pro supports steam and it's just one setting on steam. You click it. It works. Then again steam auto detects these days.

I mean, you are free to tell my PC all of that...

Old or shitty drivers I guess. Never had a problem on my end. Just auto detects.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Had this unusual issue where my Cosmic purple one disconnected and wouldnt work unless I re-connect it to my PS5 and then it would be working again on PC.

My Black and White Dualsense controllers dont have that issue.

In the mean time I'm just using my Dualshock 4 controller (Red) since I dont even touch my PS4 anymore.

Dualsence sounds like it would be great on pc and I thought all playstation controllers were compatialble with pc like xbox controllers.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Dualsence sounds like it would be great on pc and I thought all playstation controllers were compatialble with pc like xbox controllers.

It’s initially up to the PC storefront to add official PlayStation controller support, then it’s up to individual developers to add PlayStation controller support to their games on said PC storefront

Xbox controller support on PC is most common because Microsoft adds native Xbox controller support to Windows. So it’s more a matter of convenience. 

There’s always a way to get PlayStation controllers to work through third party drivers, but it can be cumbersome. 

Steam recently added a “controller support” section on every games Steam page to show what controllers that game officially supports. 

Around the Network

I use it n my Mac, maybe a bit off topic.
I think it works well as long as it is plugged in with a cable. Getting it to work wirelessly is not as painless. It loses the direct connection to my PS5 when I try.
The button layout have never been a problem for me, but I mostly use it to play games on emulators where I can define my button set-up however I want. I can also use it as a sort of mouse for my Macbook and it works fairly well but since a normal mouse is still superior I do not use it as such.

Very few PC developers put in the effort to implement dual sense or any PlayStation controller functionality. Unless you absolutely cannot stand the Xbox button and stick layout it’s probably not worth the effort to use anything else besides an Xbox controller or mouse and keyboard on PC

Chrkeller said:

I bought a cheap MSI controller. Works perfectly. I would prefer an Xbox controller but christ the cost is high

I thought you have a 4090? Surely you can get an xbox controller lol

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Chrkeller said:

Sure I can.  Don't need it.  MSI controller works great.  I just don't like how MS sells the USB wireless separately along with the battery pack.  It is overpriced given it doesn't offer anything new.  The 4090 offers something other gpus dont.

Edit

I guess what I'm saying is I'll pay a premium for reasons but not just because.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 04 March 2024

Chrkeller said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Sure I can.  Don't need it.  MSI controller works great.  I just don't like how MS sells the USB wireless separately along with the battery pack.  It is overpriced given it doesn't offer anything new.  The 4090 offers something other gpus dont.

Edit

I guess what I'm saying is I'll pay a premium for reasons but not just because.  

That's fair.