By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dualsense on PC

Does anyone use a dualsense controller on PC? Have you had issues using it?

I use the Series X controller and it works fine on all games. 
I tried using the dualsense but I had so many issues with it. For example I couldn't disable the speaker on the controller when playing returnal, for some reason the haptics and triggers don't work properly through bluetooth, and sometimes Xbox buttons would appear on menus instead of PS.

Around the Network

In order to have proper functionality of the DualSense controller, you have to check the games Steam page to ensure that it supports it fully AND, it needs to be wired, as shown in the screenshot below. Won't work properly over Bluetooth. Most games you'll just see something like "Your PlayStation controller" meaning it doesn't support DualSense features. 

As for button inputs, I believe you have to go to the properties of the game and go to the Controller tab, and disable Steam input to get the proper button layout.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 22 February 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

In order to have proper functionality of the DualSense controller, you have to check the games Steam page to ensure that it supports it fully AND, it needs to be wired, as shown in the screenshot below. Won't work properly over Bluetooth. Most games you'll just see something like "Your PlayStation controller" meaning it doesn't support DualSense features. 

As for button inputs, I believe you have to go to the properties of the game and go to the Controller tab, and disable Steam input to get the proper button layout.

That's annoying, I was hoping it would work seamlessly like the Xbox controller across basically every game.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

That's annoying, I was hoping it would work seamlessly like the Xbox controller across basically every game.

That's the benefit of Windows and Xbox being so tightly integrated. You have native Xbox controller support. 

PlayStation not so much. Controllers have to be added by the platform holder, in this case Steam, and even then, PlayStation uses proprietary wireless tech that's only available in the PS5. So unless Sony releases a separate dongle for PC for the DualSense controller to communicate with, wired will be the only way to have full functionality. Even with that, it's still a game to game basis. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 22 February 2024

I had better luck with Switch pro controllers than Dual Sense tbh. Most stuff just worked with Pro where DS I had to mess with shit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I bought a 3rd party Xbox controller for my PC, there are too many issues with most others, including PS controllers. I never got my Switch Pro controller to work properly either. I bought a PDP Gaming Afterglow Wave controller this winter; it's a terrific piece of hardware and works really well. It's also wired, so there noticeably less lag, and it's pretty cheap from time to time (I paid about 40$ for mine).

Never tried it (I use the Series controller instead) but I suppose it would be easier than all the hoops I went through to get a Switch Pro controller working.

haxxiy said:

Never tried it (I use the Series controller instead) but I suppose it would be easier than all the hoops I went through to get a Switch Pro controller working.

No not really. Pro supports steam and it's just one setting on steam. You click it. It works. Then again steam auto detects these days.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

No not really. Pro supports steam and it's just one setting on steam. You click it. It works. Then again steam auto detects these days.

I mean, you are free to tell my PC all of that...

I tried using my Dualsense on PC but found a lot of games don't support the button layout of PS controllers. So I've largely stuck to using my Xbox controllers.