By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Announced for PlayStation, Switch, Xbox, and PC June 2024

Source : https://www.gematsu.com/2024/02/shin-megami-tensei-v-vengeance-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

ATLUS has announced Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam, Microsoft Store). It will launch on June 14 worldwide.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance is an enhanced version of Shin Megami Tensei V, which originally launched for Switch in November 2021.

Last trailer :

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 06 April 2024

Around the Network

Atlus also publishing Vanillaware’s Unicorn Overlord. Atlus having a pretty goated year!

G2ThaUNiT said:

Atlus also publishing Vanillaware’s Unicorn Overlord. Atlus having a pretty goated year!

This enhanced version of the title is confirmed to be released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC via Windows and Steam on June 21, 2024. Physical and digital pre-orders will begin on February 27, 2024, sans Switch for the latter.

Canon of Creation is the name of the original game’s story route, while Canon of Vengeance is the name of the new story route that deviates significantly in the later stages of the story. This route will introduce four new female demons called the Qadistu, designed by Masayuki Doi. A new character named Yoko journeys with the protagonist. Gameplay-wise, players can anticipate a new Da’at and dungeon, along with other new features for a smoother Da’at exploration. Further, there will be new quests and battle features, like auto-battling for convenience. When taking both story routes into account, players should anticipate 80 hours for each, totaling 160 hours.

Seeing a lot of buyers remorse for Nintendo switch lately, people wishing they didn't didn't buy the switch game so they could get it on Ps or pc

How you all feeling about this, I beat the game on switch and don't feel a need to get it again

Kneetos said:

Seeing a lot of buyers remorse for Nintendo switch lately, people wishing they didn't didn't buy the switch game so they could get it on Ps or pc

How you all feeling about this, I beat the game on switch and don't feel a need to get it again

Atlus has a loooong history of doing updated re-releases of their bigger games like this. If anyone didn't see this coming from a mile away, its kinda their own fault. And besides, this release will happen 2,5 years after the original release. Bit lame to have buyers remorse after that long imho.

Around the Network

Kind of sad to see the story mainly changing in the latter parts. The game's combat is close to the top of the food chain when it comes to turn based systems and the demon collection aspect is great as always but the narrative side was a bit "empty", and not in the atmospheric sense like Nocturne.

Kneetos said:

I much prefer these kinds of RPGs in handhelds so if I double dip, it will be on the Switch again. However, I'd like the audio to be less compressed this time and I don't know if that was due to a limitation of the platform/space.

Kneetos said:

This is an Atlus thing.
Always expect an enhanced version down the line.

Persona 3
Persona 3 FES

P4
P4 Golden

P5
P5 Royal

I didn't play SMTV yet, since I wasn't in a hurry to do so. So for me this is just good news as I can pick it up on Playstation.
But with Persona 5 for example I wanted to play it right away. And then I re-played it when Royal came out, which I expected would happen.

I have put the trailer on the first post.

AddRat said:

Kind of sad to see the story mainly changing in the latter parts. The game's combat is close to the top of the food chain when it comes to turn based systems and the demon collection aspect is great as always but the narrative side was a bit "empty", and not in the atmospheric sense like Nocturne.

Interesting that you mention Nocturne having an empty atmosphere, because that's also how I tend to describe it with the lack of dialogue and character interactions. In a good way.

Haven't played SMTV yet, but I was excpecting this kind of definitive edition for the multiplat ports.
This new character seems interesting. Reminds me a bit of the teacher from Nocturne for some erason.

Thanks for the good news. Multiplats are almost always preferrable to exclusives. Now they should port SMT III HD to Xbox since it's already on Switch, PS4, and Windows.
I'll be playing this game on PlayStation at some point.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima