By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 3, 2024 (Jan 15 - Jan 21)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

I don't get PS5 boost. Is it from The last of us 2 remastered?

Maybe Chinese New Year approaching?

Thats actually pretty funny and clever. 

Around the Network
CourageTCD said:

Next week, the Swich reaches 32 millions units in Japan

Should only be 5-ish months till it beats the ds.

Zippy6 said:
Chicho said:

Xbox Series X|S is still up year over year.

It's a shame week 6 is right around the corner. Not sure what happened with Xbox that week in 2023 lol.

It was the week before the price increase of the Series X and S in Japan.

Pinkie_pie said:

I don't get PS5 boost. Is it from The last of us 2 remastered?

Combination of bundles and perhaps anticipation for Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth and Tekken 8

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

No Palworld boost for Xbox?
My Prediction for this year is for PS5 to sell approximately the same as last year and for Switch to sell about the same as PS5. So about 2.5 million each.
Obviously there is a huge caveat and that is a potential Switch 2.
For Xbox, I will cap it 50k for now. Will revisit...

Around the Network

I know many people say that PS5 doesn't have games for the japanese market, but this speech must end now because there are so many games coming up.
Tekken
Like a Dragon
Persona 3
Granblue
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

This line-up is insane. As a fan of japanese games it will be hard to keep up with everything.

youngbr said:

I know many people say that PS5 doesn't have games for the japanese market, but this speech must end now because there are so many games coming up.
Tekken
Like a Dragon
Persona 3
Granblue
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

This line-up is insane. As a fan of japanese games it will be hard to keep up with everything.

For Japanese games yes for sure!  But in general, I can't think of a month ever as stacked as February 2024.  There are so many good games coming out this month that you could make all of your purchases in the next month and having good games to play all year especially for PS5. I'm getting Pacific Drive, Hell Divers, FF7 and Gran Blue.  I'm gonna get Persona 3 and Like a Dragon in a few months. I will get Tekken 7 as well.  I think I'm gonna be set for months.  

CosmicSex said:

No Palworld boost for Xbox?
My Prediction for this year is for PS5 to sell approximately the same as last year and for Switch to sell about the same as PS5. So about 2.5 million each.
Obviously there is a huge caveat and that is a potential Switch 2.
For Xbox, I will cap it 50k for now. Will revisit...

The Xbox Series X|S sold 141.71k last year, even if is down by a large amount i don't think it would sell less than 50k.

Here is what it sold the previous years for comparison

20243749*

* 3 weeks out of 52

CosmicSex said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Maybe Chinese New Year approaching?

Thats actually pretty funny and clever. 

China has good taste.

Ps5: finally, the sun has set on you Nintendo, now, it's my time to rise, like the phoenix, I shall shape this nation in my image

Switch 2: *gets the hose*