By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

A203D said:
The_Yoda said:

" I've read enough of the replies back and forth that I really don't want to engage in what seems to be discussions slipping more and more off topic.  Have a good one."

You've engaged me to try and prove yourself the moderator who lost a lot of ground to me. I'm not sorry that hasn't worked out for you, but you chose this path, not me. Let me remind me of what you said:

Off the mark with this

"I only ask since you keep referring people to Vice"

I gave multiple links, but you ignored them, including the part where the United Nations did not sanction an invasion of Iraq because you were trying so hard to impress the moderators. You saw that guy lost so much ground you went into support his chemical weapons post, in which you then ignored the article I posted. You then tried to propose a conspiracy theory that Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction:

You are correct I didn't follow those links.  The only one I read was the times one (it is also listed high in the results when searching Iraq Chemical Weapons Program) it was pretty long

"If you tell me exactly where and when you are going to look for something, chances are I am going to be able to hide it from you."

The times article only reinforces this point, it is pages upon pages telling stories about soldiers being injured by chemical weapons that were hidden and later discovered.  How is it that the inspectors in the 90's missed all those ... oh could it be because they were buried in many cases i.e. hidden.  Surely I am not the only one that remembers the news stories in the 90s about UN inspectors being denied access to Iraqi facilities time and again.

This is what you said, then you ignored the article I posted about chemical weapons:

"Participants in the chemical weapons discoveries said the United States suppressed knowledge of finds for multiple reasons, including that the government bristled at further acknowledgment it had been wrong. “They needed something to say that after Sept. 11 Saddam used chemical rounds,” Mr. Lampier said. “And all of this was from the pre-1991 era.”

You should read the whole article, its quite insightful. Either way, an invasion of Iraq was not sanctioned and US actions were illegal.

I did read the article and it only reinforced the idea that chemical weapons were hidden from inspectors sometime around when their chemical weapons program was supposed to have been dismantled.  According to the Times article it was mostly Mustard Gas rounds but it also mentioned Sarin. Given the US's odd stance of burying their head in the sand about injuries sustained while disposing of these HIDDEN munitions, it is hard to say how much was unreported or what else they may have come across. As for the part of the article you quoted Lampier could be right but is for sure speculating so I'm not giving that too much weight.

"Don't bother responding I was initially trying to help you out by trying to remedy what i thought may be a misinterpretation of your use of "covid hoax" but you didn't bother to  answer that."

Well the moderator felt threatend so he played the warning card so I couldn't talk about it, which you already knew, hence why you have coming running to his defence when you saw he lost so much ground. Is it my fault you chose to reply to a comment that you were never involved with in the first place?

On this I can say you are correct, it is not your fault I chose to get involved.

I cannot say if they felt threatened or not and to be frank I don't give a rat's ass if they were.  The entire reason I responded was again trying to help you out if there had in fact been some kind of misinterpretation of your use of the phrase "covid hoax".  That clarification is what I desired from the onset.  It is unfortunate that you never gave me the clarification and put it off for a "later" that until now seemed likely to never come.

The whole paragraph about the chemical weapons was not defense of Perma but more along the lines of recognition.  In my experience it is pretty rare for someone to acknowledge Iraq's chemical weapons program.  By the end they got very good at making Mustard Gas, good enough in fact that leaky munitions were still able to screw soldiers up for life even after being buried for a decade or longer (as detailed in the Times article you think I didn't read ... interesting since my second reply included a copy-paste straight from the aforementioned article). Saddam was a bit of a monster (from my perspective) I won't list out all the times he used the fruits of his countries chemical weapons program but leave you with this one if you are unaware:

Halabja massacre (recognized by some as an attempt at genocide) The incident was the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history, killing between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injuring 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians. Preliminary results from surveys of the affected region showed an increased rate of cancer and birth defects in the years afterward.

You speculate that the real reason the coalition went into Iraq was for the oil and you could very well be correct.  We went in waving the banner of stomping on terrorism but it seems they were too far north if they wanted the country responsible for 9/11.

Around the Network

A203D thinks people are losing ground to his points while blatantly ignoring rebuttals and when proven wrong, doesn't say a word and moves on. The only one losing ground is you, buddy boy.

I don't think I've ever seen a Trump supporter (at the time) admit to being wrong in any discussion.They really take on the embodiment of Trumps fragile ego.

"You then tried to propose a conspiracy theory"

Lmao.

A203D thinking anyone has lost ground is funny.
Only person who has lost is him...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

If ever we needed further evidence that the MAGA contingent ain't the brightest, the current share price of Trump Media & Technology Group is a shining example of cult mentality > reality.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-truth-social-djt-stock-down-losses-revenue-going-concern/

Stock is currently worth $6.7 billion for a company that lost $58 million in 2023, & brought in a whopping 750K in revenue in the 4th quarter. Looking forward to how the 'Trump is a genius businessman' narrative twists itself into a pretzel to justify all his share-holders taking a bath in 6 months when their dear leader is allowed to dump his stock.

This is literally a stupid-tax.

A203D, have you bought in, and if not why not? What do you think it says about his base that reading the basic metrics of a business seems beyond their grasp? Or of Trump that he's at the helm of such a shitty business?

Has there ever been a better stock to short?

Around the Network
Biggerboat1 said:

If ever we needed further evidence that the MAGA contingent ain't the brightest, the current share price of Trump Media & Technology Group is a shining example of cult mentality > reality.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-truth-social-djt-stock-down-losses-revenue-going-concern/

Stock is currently worth $6.7 billion for a company that lost $58 million in 2023, & brought in a whopping 750K in revenue in the 4th quarter. Looking forward to how the 'Trump is a genius businessman' narrative twists itself into a pretzel to justify all his share-holders taking a bath in 6 months when their dear leader is allowed to dump his stock.

This is literally a stupid-tax.

A203D, have you bought in, and if not why not? What do you think it says about his base that reading the basic metrics of a business seems beyond their grasp? Or of Trump that he's at the helm of such a shitty business?

Has there ever been a better stock to short?

Let me preface this response with my self awareness that I'm a newb investor. A tiny ignorant fish with a Robinhood account swimming in the ocean of Stocks / Crypto.

It seems like it to me that, yes, there have been better stocks to short.  At least right now, 5 months from now you very well could be right.

From this Times article which is decent for those that aren't super familiar with shorting, warrants, and options.

"The parent company of Truth Social is a popular target for short-sellers, even after they lost $100 million last month betting on a decline in the stock that didn’t come."

"Last month, traders lost $126 million betting against Trump Media, according to S3."

As the article points out in not so many word performance does not always equate to stock value. i know I've seen plenty similar to this one where looking at their business metrics vs value vs stock performance leaves me scratching my head.

Only 5 million of 137 million shares are in play.  I absolutely believe at some point Trump dumps them (82.2 M shares) and doing what he's done before, hurt others to make a buck himself. At least I've heard of numerous instances of Trump stiffing contractors and reporting inflated values on his holdings.

Again big grain of salt with this response.  I'm still trying to learn.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 04 April 2024

Pemalite said:

"I have already touched base on this and provided the appropriate evidence."

Again, read what you've written:

"The US government made a DECISION on the information they had at the time, sometimes that information is not always sufficient or correct, but the decision still needed to be made."

As was established by the United Nations Security Council the invasion of Iraq was illegal when the US presented the case. You seem to be getting confused here. The information at the time was known to be incorrect before the invasion began. Read what you're writing:

"I often end up being an incident controller for large, complex multi-agency emergency incidents... And often you need to make 'hard choices' based on little information or possible what-if scenarios to keep people safe. Those decisions are NOT always right, but you still need to make a choice and own it."

Its not a hard choice. Its an illegal choice. Do you fabricate evidence in your job role to try and sanction and justify your actions? Is someone who is sworn to protect life this desperate to protect their own ego?

"You thought you were being clever, clearly you were not."

Read your own words:

"Clearly you are incapable of reading, I suggest you follow that link and I suggest you read the part that says "Manufacturing facility in Victoria" for the Moderna and another manufacturing facility for Astrazenica."

The link you kindly provided says this:

"The Australian Government advises that the AstraZeneca vaccine is no longer available in Australia."

"These vaccines are not as dangerous as you make them out to be."

We're getting somewhere now. We have gone from they are 'safe and effective' to they are not as dangerous as you make them out to be...

"Science, evidence, experience is what keeps me safe when I run into a burning building"

What your calling science is actually 'scientisim'. Theres plenty of evidence I can show you to prove there was never a pandemic. The whole thing was designed so you would take their posioned vaccine. A huge  part of that reason was so they could use the pandemic to change the voting laws in certain battleground states. You see the pandemic allowed them to allow mass mail in ballots which is unconstutional according to the individual state leglislatures. In doing so they were able to defraud the election so Joe Biden could mandate complusary vaccinations.

A203D said:
Pemalite said:

"I have already touched base on this and provided the appropriate evidence."

Again, read what you've written:

"The US government made a DECISION on the information they had at the time, sometimes that information is not always sufficient or correct, but the decision still needed to be made."

As was established by the United Nations Security Council the invasion of Iraq was illegal when the US presented the case. You seem to be getting confused here. The information at the time was known to be incorrect before the invasion began. Read what you're writing:

"I often end up being an incident controller for large, complex multi-agency emergency incidents... And often you need to make 'hard choices' based on little information or possible what-if scenarios to keep people safe. Those decisions are NOT always right, but you still need to make a choice and own it."

Its not a hard choice. Its an illegal choice. Do you fabricate evidence in your job role to try and sanction and justify your actions? Is someone who is sworn to protect life this desperate to protect their own ego?

"You thought you were being clever, clearly you were not."

Read your own words:

"Clearly you are incapable of reading, I suggest you follow that link and I suggest you read the part that says "Manufacturing facility in Victoria" for the Moderna and another manufacturing facility for Astrazenica."

The link you kindly provided says this:

"The Australian Government advises that the AstraZeneca vaccine is no longer available in Australia."

"These vaccines are not as dangerous as you make them out to be."

We're getting somewhere now. We have gone from they are 'safe and effective' to they are not as dangerous as you make them out to be...

"Science, evidence, experience is what keeps me safe when I run into a burning building"

What your calling science is actually 'scientisim'. Theres plenty of evidence I can show you to prove there was never a pandemic. The whole thing was designed so you would take their posioned vaccine. A huge  part of that reason was so they could use the pandemic to change the voting laws in certain battleground states. You see the pandemic allowed them to allow mass mail in ballots which is unconstutional according to the individual state leglislatures. In doing so they were able to defraud the election so Joe Biden could mandate complusary vaccinations.

>We're getting somewhere now. We have gone from they are 'safe and effective' to they are not as dangerous as you make them out to be...

These are synonyms, bud. 

>What your calling science is actually 'scientisim'.

It is not...

>Theres plenty of evidence I can show you to prove there was never a pandemic. The whole thing was designed so you would take their posioned vaccine. A huge  part of that reason was so they could use the pandemic to change the voting laws in certain battleground states. You see the pandemic allowed them to allow mass mail in ballots which is unconstutional according to the individual state leglislatures. In doing so they were able to defraud the election so Joe Biden could mandate complusary vaccinations.

There is no such evidence. there was clearly a pandemic, people got sick. I got sick twice from Covid. 

Trump was president at this time. The vaccine wasn't out during the time of the election. 

You're trying to correlate a bunch of things, and you can't even do that. 

Had you guys seen the memes for this yet?

A 7th grade math teacher and army veteran changed his name to ‘Literally Anybody Else’ and announced his run for U.S. president

The man, formerly known as Dustin Ebey, is an army veteran and teaches seventh grade math at Watauga Middle School, located in Tarrant County, Texas. But this week, he decided to give the world a history lesson and announced his run for presidential candidacy—which, historically speaking, is a doomed mission—out of frustration over the two repeating candidates, former president Donald Trump and current President Joe Biden.

I think it is funny / sad that Nikki Haley got 13% of the vote in Georgia Primary almost a week after dropping out. Biden has been losing roughly the same in many states with "leave it blank". Nothing says both parties are running turds with primary results like that. I really wish we had a strong 3rd party candidate. Granted they likely wouldn't get much of anything done if they did manage to win but it would be a nice middle finger to the establishment.

A203D said:

COVID was a hoax.

Renamed said:
A203D said:

COVID was a hoax.

Renamed said:

Occam's razor. 

Apparently I must repeat myself.

Repeatedly so.

You sit behind a keyboard in denial of the people that sit behind the microscope. Your ignorance of the science is not a valid refutation of it.