By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

Might not be the best is putting it lightly, his foreign policy is horrific, Lol.

OK, I will not answer everything in detail. But I think you want problems in the world that indeed are bad should be solved by the old means (mainly military) that are the reason these problems cropped up in the first place. I think you can't control a fire by burning down the house.

Let me explain. The US does not only have direct influence over the politics of other countries, as the or one of the dominating forces in the world for around 100 years now it has a lot of indirect influence, which means countries look at what the US does and make their conclusions based on that. What can be consistently viewed from the world is, that the US is using military solutions to solve their problems all over the world for many decades now and even with no direct military involvement uses the might of their forces to get their way. And other countries take notice. China has a quite small military, compared with it's geographic, demographic or economic size. Yet Xi Yinping took notice and is expanding the size of the military for some time now. It will take more time, but as China is bigger than the US, it will inevitably end up with a bigger military, rendering the politics the US did for the last 100 years as pointless, as it relied on being the biggest military power. But the US cannot win a cold war against China, because China is so big and also because the US ruins iutself domestically. The ignorance of the internal problems will also make them weaker in foreign politics.

If we look at current problems: Putin has built the military for a long time now. True, Russia had a lot of military left over from the cold war, but the cold war had ruined them and they were willing to reduce weaponry to focus more on economic growth. In the pre-Putin era there were multiple treaties between the Soviet Union/Russia and the US for reduction of weaponry, most notably START and SALT (which includes ABM).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/START_I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Arms_Limitation_Talks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ballistic_Missile_Treaty

That ended with George W. Bush who retreated from ABM in 2002. The Duma (russian parliament) had ratified START II under the condition that the US respects the ABM, so that killed START as well. That is the start of Putins presidency. Putin and Bush made a new contract (SORT), which was considerably weaker than the ones before. In the following years the US seeked to improve strategically on their military capabilities and voided all efforts for disarmament and gave Putin room to grow the russian military as well with the goal to take control of the former soviet influence sphere by military means. This sphere includes Ukraine.

So yes, the politics you and many others want to use to solve the invasion in the Ukraine is cause for these problems in the first place. And not only there, as I said before other countries like China seek also military power, simply as the US shows how they can use it. I would prefer a world that is going back to disarmament treaties like after the cold war and would this time include new powers like China and India and regional powers like Saudi-Arabia.

The NATO bears the same problem. It is a hammer in a world that need more soft solutions. The NATO is designed by principle to protect the interests of North American and european countries. Africa, South America and Asia are for the most part out of the equation here and basically see themself opposed by this military alliance. No wonder they seek their own military power to counter it. You say the UN is toothless. But it is so because the NATO powers make sure the UN never gains more influence. NATO powers have often opposed UN solutions and instead stepped in as NATO to solve problems with military. The UN had not the opportunity to built up their own forces and they are sidestepped if the NATO want to directly deal with stuff. So the weakness of the UN is a result of the existance of the NATO. But as the NATO is one-sided everyone outside wants to grow their own military power as they are potentially targetted by NATO if they ever cross the interests of the US or western europe. So the existance of the NATO brews military conflict. If instead the regulating force is internationally controlled other countries wouldn't have the need to grow their own military to counter them, as they are part of it and part of the decision making. So yes, for a safer world NATO needs to disband. Not over night obviously, it has to be reduced in power step by step with the UN growing power in accordance.

Overall your band-aid (and that of many politicians) to problems resulting of these military centered politics is more military centered politics. And if these exact politics lead to more problems they say: "See, we need that military." That is putting oil in the fire, it is no sufficient solution.

Also I want to add, that domestic issues also have a massive influence world wide. As I said, the US is a dominating force, that does not mean military alone, but also economics or cultural leadership (Hollywood is still dominating most screens in the world). The domestic issues are well-known in the world and also the inability to address them. It is visible that things get worse and worse for around 30 years by now. This does embolden people opposing democratic and human rights values, as they squarely point to the US and say: see, it is shit.

So the US needs to get their shit together and not by more violence, but by sustainable solutions. I don't see Trump or Biden or Kennedy offering any of this.

Problem is historically when countries were more balanced militarily, there were a lot more wars, some very deadly. Ever since the advent of superpowers like the UsA, wars have been a lot less frequent and a lot less deadly. If America loses a significant amount of military budget, then it is likely more wars will come and when the UsA goes to war, there will be more casualties. Americas massive military budget is not only for hurting the enemy, but for protecting their own soldiers.

Countries like China and Russia cheap out on their military budget because they don't care about their soldiers very much.

Around the Network
A203D said:
the-pi-guy said:

Multiple lawsuits, analyses including ones funded by Republican interests, multiple Republicans themselves have defended the 2020 election. 

I will take their word over man-babies who are upset when things don't go their way. 

Rule number 1, never take anyones word. Republicans and Democrats are the same party they only appear to be two different parties. If you want to discuss it further then we can. Although I'm suprised so many gamers are aware of whats really happening.

So we shouldn't take the word of the conspiracy theorists either who can't provide any evidence for their claims, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 March 2024

A203D said:

Does anyone here believe the 2020 election was legitimate?

Occam's razor. 

A203D said:

Rule number 1, never take anyones word.

Ok, I won't take your word on that, then. 

The great thing is we don't have to take anyone's word on these things. 

A203D said:

Republicans and Democrats are the same party they only appear to be two different parties.

If the two parties are exactly the same, then what's the point in making an illegitimate election? 

A203D said:
the-pi-guy said:

Multiple lawsuits, analyses including ones funded by Republican interests, multiple Republicans themselves have defended the 2020 election. 

I will take their word over man-babies who are upset when things don't go their way. 

Rule number 1, never take anyones word. Republicans and Democrats are the same party they only appear to be two different parties. If you want to discuss it further then we can. Although I'm suprised so many gamers are aware of whats really happening.

This “both sides are the same” argument needs to die.

The Republican Party in its current form only cares about cutting taxes & regulations for the wealthy & corporations along with doubling down on culture war issues, which is basically restricting rights for anybody who isn’t a straight, white, Christian male.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
A203D said:

A203D said:

If the two parties are exactly the same, then what's the point in making an illegitimate election? 

You shouldn't take my word on it. You should investigate and come to your own assessment. I am happy to provide links and even explain what happened on November 3rd.

The two parties are the same. They are operated by the same network of people. Elections all over the world are illegitimate. The only reason America is different is because its not done by popular vote, its done by the electoral college system. The electoral college system was designed to prevent fraud. In the 2016 thats exactly what happened.

Hillary Clinton got the popular vote but she lost the election and cried out fraud. The reason that happened is because the Democrats defrauded that election. The reason she was so angry, the reason people were so shocked is because the electoral college system was just enough to block their level of fraud. Trump was not supposed to win that election. Thats why they spent years on a fake Russiagate scandal, which we know now is a hoax.

Trump is not one of them. The Republican party is actually a RINO party. They pretend to be Republicans but they are working against America's intersts, in the same way the Democrat party operate against America's interest. Trump came from outside of politcs to stop them.

Thats why they would make an election illegitimate. They need him out of their way because he has a chance to save America.

A203D said:
the-pi-guy said:

You shouldn't take my word on it. You should investigate and come to your own assessment. I am happy to provide links and even explain what happened on November 3rd.

The two parties are the same. They are operated by the same network of people. Elections all over the world are illegitimate. The only reason America is different is because its not done by popular vote, its done by the electoral college system. The electoral college system was designed to prevent fraud. In the 2016 thats exactly what happened.

Hillary Clinton got the popular vote but she lost the election and cried out fraud. The reason that happened is because the Democrats defrauded that election. The reason she was so angry, the reason people were so shocked is because the electoral college system was just enough to block their level of fraud. Trump was not supposed to win that election. Thats why they spent years on a fake Russiagate scandal, which we know now is a hoax.

Trump is not one of them. The Republican party is actually a RINO party. They pretend to be Republicans but they are working against America's intersts, in the same way the Democrat party operate against America's interest. Trump came from outside of politcs to stop them.

Thats why they would make an election illegitimate. They need him out of their way because he has a chance to save America.

Most people have investigated it and came to their own assessment that it's a load of nonsense.

The two parties are absolutely not the same, especially in 2024 where the Republican Party's whole agenda is "If the Democrats want it then it's bad" The Democrats could invent a cure for cancer and the Republicans would somehow say it's a bad thing and try to block it. What elections are illegitimate and what ones are legitimate? I have my suspicions on what ones you'll say, Lol.

Russia's Prigozhin Admits Interfering in U.S. Elections | Reuters

Whether they had success or not is another question but it is absolutely confirmed that the Russians did try to interfere in the US Elections and if you aren't aware of who this is, Prigozhin for years was Putin's righthand man who did Putin's dirty work for him but in a way that Putin would not be directly linked to such things, such as Wagner Group.

The Republican Party is not a RINO party and even the most moderate of Republicans have some pretty shitty views and while some moderate Republicans haven't changed their views, the GOP has been infiltrated by far-right extremists (such as MTG, Boebart, Trump, etc.) so much so that somehow even Republicans like Mitt Romney look left wing and the moderate Republicans cower under pressure.

Trump doesn't give a shit about Americans, he is literally grifting his fanbase to pay his legal bills, he didn't care about how many died during COVID. He doesn't give a shit about American interests and actively works against them and America's allies. All the while the GOP Party is turning into a bloody monarchy, the Party of Trump.

Save America? Save America from what? Trump will destroy America not just internally but their international credibility as well. I don't like the Tories in the UK but even I when I look at Republicans think "fucking hell" Lmao. The Tory Party are many things but I can at least say they at least aren't Russian-bootlickers willing to suck the tit of the country which would love nothing more than to see us (and America) in flames.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 March 2024

RolStoppable said:
A203D said:

Does anyone here believe the 2020 election was legitimate?

This question is the easiest and fastest way to determine if someone belongs to the far-right.

It's also now a question of ideological purity in the GOP under Trump's proxy/puppet Lara Trump.

But they insist that they are not a cult. 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 28 March 2024

SanAndreasX said:
RolStoppable said:

This question is the easiest and fastest way to determine if someone belongs to the far-right.

It's also now a question of ideological purity in the GOP under Trump's proxy/puppet Lara Trump.

Two posts above yours sure sounds like a cult.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
SanAndreasX said:

Two posts above yours sure sounds like a cult.

Yeah, and Trump's recent push to sell $60 Bibles is only enhancing his messainic cult of personality among his base. Even being Christian isn't enough (and Biden is probably the second most devout President of my lifetime, after Jimmy Carter).