Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese video game company stock performance 2023

From the 1/4 all the way till 12/29, last trading day of 2023 in Tokyo

Thanks Dr serkan toto (twitter)

Around the Network

Sony as a whole or SIE only?

Last edited by wohufana - on 30 December 2023

wohufana said:

Sony as a whole or SIE only?

Considering it's company stock, I would say Sony as a whole, but it's gaming division did mostly quite well this year. Odd that Capcom only has seen small growth considering they have a promising line-up and their franchises are more popular than ever and getting great reviews. Square only being down 20% is a blessing for them I guess. Though a lot depends on whether FFVII Rebirth can deliver, if sales are mediocre I can see the stock falling much more, unless dragon quest is around the corner.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It's quite obvious that despite the declining hardware sales, Nintendo's venture into other media avenues and strong software sales keeps their stock as strong as it is

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

My grandfather would have loved this topic. But for myself I do not pay attention to stocks but they are important because they decide a lot of what happens in the gaming industry.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Konami having such a huge jump in value and remaining one of the largest video game-affiliated companies in Japan is kind of a middle finger to the folks who spent 2015-2017 hash-tagging "ahideokojimagame" on every post by or about them.