Dragon Quest XI 3 4.00%

Fortnite 0 0%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 5 6.67%

Nier: Automata 6 8.00%

Breath of the Wild 36 48.00%

Super Mario Odyssey 6 8.00%

Other (please specify) 10 13.33%

Total:75

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are two of my most favorite games from this generation.

My media room has wall art for both games.

My vote goes to Zelda BotW.

Around the Network

Breath Of The Wild. Easy year. Such a great year for the Switch.

By far my favourite game of 2017 has to go to

“Other - Night In The Woods”

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Resident Evil 7

Other:

Tie between What Remains of Edith Finch and Cuphead.  Real ones know about Finch's Cannery level/segment.

Around the Network

Need to try Mario Odyssey at some point.
Do not feel like it is any point voting this time. I think Zelda BotW will win with ease. It is great that more players are introduced to the series even if it is not my cup of tea. Tears of the kingdom is the first game in the series that I simply ignored. Will probably stay away until a more linear game in the series shows up again, but the sales of the games tells me that wont happen soon. Give the people what the people want. I'll stay as a simple spectator.

Voted Divinity Original Sin II anyway, like the first game more, but the things they do good is pretty similar in both games. Both are great games for anyone that like tactical turn based combat and dynamic environments.

Other
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for me.

Stacked year!
Resident Evil 7 is a candidate for the best in the franchise, and certainly the most scary. It has some rough edges in the third act, but is a masterpiece otherwise.
Breath of the Wild was an f****** event in gaming history! It was a mind-blowing experience, and a step forward for open-world games, even if it built on what MGSV, Skyrim and some of Ubisoft's games had done before.
What Remains of Edith Finch was probably the game that pushed the medium forward the most that year with how it handled storytelling.
Hollow Knight was a perfectly crafted souls-like metroidvania, with fantastic world-design and combat.

Any of these would deserve GOTY, and then you have Sonic Mania and Cuphead, which are great as well. And I haven't even tried Nier: Automata or Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Decided to vote for Hollow Knight.

coolbeans said:

Other:

Tie between What Remains of Edith Finch and Cuphead.  Real ones know about Finch's Cannery level/segment.

If you had to pick one game (and you do), which game would you pick?

Some great games this year again, although I apparently, looking down both the main and subs list, didn't play many of them. Having a look at all games that year, I know why. I bought ME:A... we all know how that went. And later FF12HD, which I think I spent most my time playing. Loved Pyre too but that's not well known.

From the list however, Horizon Zero Dawn for me. Great game and world. Didn't play it until nearly a year later though.

Hmm, pie.