By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Game of the Year 2023 – Preliminary Voting Closed

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Glad to see the Talos Principle II in best narrative, definitely my choice. Looks like I won't have to request any additions this year

That's great to hear.  I chipped in a bit, but Craig did an impressive job itemizing the vast swath of potential nominees over the year.  Speaking of...

@Machina 

From what I can gather, it seems like Asgard's Wrath II could be placed in Best Narrative, Art Direction, & GOTY too.

Around the Network

My favorite game this year:

Which I mention because it's not listed anywhere. Not too surprising really. Misericorde's pretty obscure and technically just the first chapter of a multi-part story is what's actually available at the moment, so perhaps not even eligible. Not sure what the criteria is on that. Not that it matters since I'm the only person here who played it anyway. Still, I have to mention it every chance I get because it's one of the most masterfully-written games I've ever played and damn interesting and this seemed like a good excuse!

Last edited by Jaicee - on 15 December 2023

FlashmanHarry said:

I'm very disappointed not to see Metroid Prime Remastered on the list. It's probably the best game I've played all year.

Remasters aren't eligible, to prevent double-dipping - only original titles or full remakes qualify.

coolbeans said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Glad to see the Talos Principle II in best narrative, definitely my choice. Looks like I won't have to request any additions this year

That's great to hear.  I chipped in a bit, but Craig did an impressive job itemizing the vast swath of potential nominees over the year.  Speaking of...

@Machina 

From what I can gather, it seems like Asgard's Wrath II could be placed in Best Narrative, Art Direction, & GOTY too.

Added

Jaicee said:

My favorite game this year:

Which I mention because it's not listed anywhere. Not too surprising really. Misericorde's pretty obscure and technically just the first chapter of a multi-part story is what's actually available at the moment, so perhaps not even eligible. Not sure what the criteria is on that. Not that it matters since I'm the only person here who played it anyway. Still, I have to mention it every chance I get because it's one of the most masterfully-written games I've ever played and damn interesting and this seemed like a good excuse!

I was hoping I'd managed to include your favourite game without you having to request it be added this time - maybe next year!

Added.

@Machina 

I'd argue Chants of Sennaar is more fitting for the Best Puzzle Game category than Adventure.  It utilize a few secondary gameplay elements, but I'd argue "linguistic puzzler" is the main core.

Machina said:

I was hoping I'd managed to include your favourite game without you having to request it be added this time - maybe next year!

Added.

Best of luck with that. And thanks!

Not that it really matters. I mean it'll be eliminated in round 2, but still. It's the principle of the thing.

Around the Network

TOTK GOTY =)

I voted in like 10 categories. I missed alot of games this year.

The Ninja Saviors came out 5 years ago

Last edited by Leynos - on 16 December 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

coolbeans said:

@Machina 

I'd argue Chants of Sennaar is more fitting for the Best Puzzle Game category than Adventure.  It utilize a few secondary gameplay elements, but I'd argue "linguistic puzzler" is the main core.

Moved.

Leynos said:

The Ninja Saviors came out 5 years ago

Oops! Removed.

Done voted