5 Sony Published Games as of now.

I want to compare this to what Nintendo has planned for 2024
1st Party:
Another Code: Recollection
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Princess Peach: Showtime!
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

5 Nintendo Published games as well, wow.

Lets take a look at Microsoft
1st Party Games:
Avowed
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
Marathon
Everwilde

Exclusive:
Ark 2

4 games that Microsoft might have ready by 2024.

The gaming community looks rather even in terms of production. But Sony and Microsoft's games will most likely be of better quality. Plus most of Nintendo's are remakes so it should be able to produce 1 or 2 more later this year.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

NoLimitVito said:

Funny how the only games that counts now has to be made specifically by first party studio but just last generation 3rd party exclusives like tomb raider, sun set overdrive, dead rising 4 and many more was counted and was brag worthy. The goal post keeps moving lol.

Feels like you're making some revisionist history.  Pre-Mojang MS was often denigrated for those moves to fill up their weak 1st-party roster of a given year.  Granted, it's not like Sony's 1st party is in the same state as that, but these kinds of slapfights are indicative of the saying "what goes around comes around."

EDIT: Not that it's good to continue a dumb argument cycle per se.  If Ninty, Sony, or MS net some sweetheart publishing deal for timed or full exclusivity and it makes gamers salivate?  Then, they're succeeding at their job.  Layering on 2nd or 3rd party labels is just empty flexing at that point.  

Last edited by coolbeans - on 13 December 2023

I find this irrelevant, except as a discussion point in video game forums and the like. A PlayStation 5 owner had tons of great games to play this year. What difference does it make weather the games were published by Sony or are exclusive to PlayStation? What matters is do you have games to play. And the answer to that, especially in 2023, is yes.

2023 was a very good year for every console.

Aside from Spiderman and Rift Apart. I don't give a fuck about Sony's first party. A bunch of third parties next year I want. The first 3 months are loaded with RPGs I'm getting for it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Hopefully we'll see some remasters of older gen games (or re-releases).

BasilZero said:

Hopefully we'll see some remasters of older gen games (or re-releases).

Bring on Omega Boost remake! Bring back Wild Arms! Remake Ape Escape on PS5! Bring back Wipeout!

Looks like it might be a solid year for the core/nerdy gamer, but a terrible one for selling systems. Provided no surprises happen, none of Sony's published titles is exceeding 5 million lifetime, which is a fraction of what Spider-Man 2 and Ragnarok will sell.

3rd party lineup including multiplats will no doubt be much weaker than 2023 as well. Regardless, I'm super excited (if a little concerned) about FF7 Rebirth. FF14 and 7 Remake restored my love for the series, and now I keep dreaming about a big budget FF6 Remake...

twintail said:

Not sure why it would matter whether a Sony studio is developing the game or not: as long as Sony is the publisher, it's really all the same.

For 2024, based on what Sony is actually publishing (whether they release this year is another thing):

TloU2 Remaster, Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria,, Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin, Helldivers 2, Concord

As for their own studios, they can spend their time cooking if they want. AAA game development takes a long time. Just the way it is

Imho, i don't even care if Playstation is the publisher. 2 question.

1.Game is good?

2.Game is PS exclusive?

If the awser is yes for both, positive points for Playstation. If we can have 4 amazing exclusives, regardless if published by Playstation or not, i'm good, It's a great year in my book.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 13 December 2023

Does Stellar Blade count as the first party? I know Sony is publishing but do they own the IP? PS5 starts the year with LaD8, Persona 3R, Granblue Relink, Macross Shooting Insight, Radirgy 2, Dragon's Dogma II, Eiyuden Chronicles,FF7 Rebirth.

I hope the second half of 2024 can live up to the first half.