Bloodborne 18 21.95%

Fallout 4 1 1.22%

Metal Gear Solid V 1 1.22%

Ori and the Blind Forest 9 10.98%

Rocket League 1 1.22%

The Witcher 3 20 24.39%

Other (please specify) 12 14.63%

Total:82

The issue here is that both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne lost GOTYs, which scientifically proves that good taste is lacking severely around here.

Not that we needed any more scientific proof after LoD didn't win with a 100% of the votes, tho.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

The issue here is that both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne lost GOTYs, which scientifically proves that good taste is lacking severely around here.

Not that we needed any more scientific proof after LoD didn't win with a 100% of the votes, tho.

Dark Souls did win in probably the most competitive year of this decade so far.  I think that says a lot to it's credit.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
BraLoD said:

Dark Souls did win in probably the most competitive year of this decade so far.  I think that says a lot to it's credit.

It really does, Dark Souls, while still being a great game, is quite a bit worse than either Demon's Souls or Bloodborne.

Yet people have it as the creator and/or the best Souls, which it is objectively neither.

People are in really immediate need to see the light and correct their ways.

But I'm seeing Dark Souls 3 treatening Persona 5 for 2016 GOTY, is there really no hope for you all? 😔

BraLoD said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

It really does, Dark Souls, while still being a great game, is quite a bit worse than either Demon's Souls or Bloodborne.

Yet people have it as the creator and/or the best Souls, which it is objectively neither.

But I'm seeing Dark Souls 3 treatening Persona 5 for 2016 GOTY, is there really no hope for you all? 😔

Bollocks, everybody knows Dark Souls 2 is the best out of them all, and that is objectively objective fact. :P

Seriously though, when it comes to Souls different people like different things. For me Demon's is fantastic game, but it doesn't have interconnection of later Souls, and that puts it down a notch. Bloodborne seems like a great game (and I know people who love it, yet can't get into Souls), yet for me setting and lack of shields is off-putting.

Jaicee said:

Oh for shit sakes. You know what, I don't have the energy for this today. *Edits* There. The offending line is gone. You win. Be happy.

Sorry that you feel this is about winning anything, or that anyone should be happy that you removed "offending" line.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
BraLoD said:

Bollocks, everybody knows Dark Souls 2 is the best out of them all, and that is objectively objective fact. :P

Seriously though, when it comes to Souls different people like different things. For me Demon's is fantastic game, but it doesn't have interconnection of later Souls, and that puts it down a notch. Bloodborne seems like a great game (and I know people who love it, yet can't get into Souls), yet for me setting and lack of shields is off-putting.

As a shield lover I know where you come from, but the trick weapons are really something else, brilliant I would say.

I haven't played Bloodborne yet, and I only got into Souls-like games relatively recently (I've played the Demon's Souls remake and Elden Ring), so I'm going to have to give this one to Ori and the Blind Forest. It was one the best 2D action/platform games I've ever played, and a definite entry for the Top 5 games of its generation.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

BraLoD said:
HoloDust said:

As a shield lover I know where you come from, but the trick weapons are really something else, brilliant I would say.

Eventually I should give it a try again, my oldest stepson is enamored with it, and also praises trick weapons. Admittedly, I only had few hours with it, and I came straight from playing DS, so it didn't feel right for me at the time. I doubt I'd change how I feel about the setting, but I believe gameplay and level design will be sufficient to get me through it.