N64 8 14.04%

GBA 2 3.51%

GC 10 17.54%

DS 7 12.28%

Wii 6 10.53%

3DS 6 10.53%

Wii U 4 7.02%

Total:57

N64. But I’d also vote that if SNES and Switch were allowed.

Around the Network

NES is the GOAT!

I was a cheap home computer kid. But the majority of my favorite home computer games had NES versions. I enjoyed the MSX more than the MegaDrive which was a great system, so NES is a no brainer (NES is MSX but better).

I actually preferred gen3 over gen4, because I didn't have the chance to experience the SNES greatness until gen7.

mZuzek said:

Wii U.

I will not elaborate.

Fair play. While Wii U is probably my least favorite (or around there) of Nintendo systems I've owned, there are some banger titles and backwards compatibility is awesome.

I can't put it around the top because software droughts were often brutal. To me, if you didn't like middling to bad eShop releases then you usually only averaged a handful of games a year to play. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Gotta separate handheld and home consoles.

For me, home consoles would be NES. Handhelds would be the original Gameboy line.

Around the Network

For me, it's between the N64 and the Wii.

64 was such an epic system in its day; titles like Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time redefined the limits of the medium, plenty more of Ninty's output were stellar in their own right like Starfox 64 and F-Zero X, while Rare was at their peak, pumping out classic after classic; Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Diddy Kong Racing, and more. 

The Wii also sports a great first party lineup with the likes of Mario Galaxy 1/2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, etc, plus an underrated catalog of third and second party additions such as The Last Story, Monster Hunter Tri, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Fatal Frame 2 and 4, Goldeneye 007 remake, ports of some of the best entries in the Call of Duty series, and more. It may not have been power competitive like the 64, but the Wiimote when used right really elevated its games.

On a first party level I'd put them on fairly equal footing, but the Wii's better third party library gives it the edge overall I think.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 November 2023

No love for the 3DS? Haha

The N64/Gamecube were my prime kid playing days, so it's hard to choose between them. The N64 I enjoyed the first party and Rareware games more, where the Gamecube I enjoyed the first party games a little less then N64 but I liked the third party games a lot more. I'm going to go with the N64, but it's close.

Loooove my 3DS. It basically a really good 1st party support from Nintendo and had a shit ton of 3rd party Japanese games that I liked.

A must have system if you're into JRPG's especially.
It also gets points for being able to play DS games so it has also access to a huge library from the previous system !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'm surprised that the NES isn't steamrollering this more. I think the best N consoles were NES/SNES/GameBoy/3DS/Wii/Switch. If we don't go for a handheld then the choice is between NES and Wii