Metal Gear Solid IV 7 12.07%

Super Smash Bros Brawl 14 24.14%

Braid 3 5.17%

Tales of Vesperia 4 6.90%

Dead Space 6 10.34%

Mirror's Edge 3 5.17%

Valkyria Chronicles 6 10.34%

Total:58

Metal Gear has no chance. I should've supported Brawl for the runoff.

Around the Network

It won't win, but my favourite is Mirror's Edge so it got my vote. From the games currently vying for the lead I would vote for Fallout 3. Hopefully it doesn't lose by one vote ^^

Where da Persona voters at?

Less than 4 hours left until this poll closes. Smash Bros has the lead, but it's not a huge lead. There are several games still in the running.

The 2008 Game of the Year is Super Smash Bros Brawl and the runner up is Fallout 3.

There were a lot of "Other" votes for this year, including a lot of write-in votes for Valkyria Chronicles.  However, in the end, two games from the original poll took the top two spots.  Not every write-in game can be Age of Empires II you know.

Around the Network

Fallout 3

Before these polls I didn't realize how popular Nintendo was on VG. Which is fine, just caught me off guard. Nintendo has taken a good number of winners.

I still think Dead is the best.

Chrkeller said:

Before these polls I didn't realize how popular Nintendo was on VG. Which is fine, just caught me off guard. Nintendo has taken a good number of winners.

To be fair, it's not just a matter of it being a Nintendo game; Brawl happens to be one of the highest selling games on the dominant console of that generation, so it's not surprising it'd be popular.

Chrkeller said:

I registered on these forums about 6 years ago.  I don't recall there ever being a lot of XBox fans here.  However, I do think their used to be a lot more Playstation fans.  Over the past six years the perception about both the Switch and Nintendo in general has changed quite a bit.  I recall a fair amount of forum posters who had a view that Nintendo was pathetic.  That is the vibe I got from them.  It's hard to have that viewpoint while watching what the Switch sales data is actually saying.  On the other hand, Nintendo fans were also shocked at how Nintendo turned around going from the Wii U to the Switch, but I think the change was easier for them to accept, because they always loved Nintendo anyway.

The result is basically that a lot of Nintendo fans have stuck around, while I think some of the Playstation fans either left or were banned. 

Chrkeller said:

Hell, I'm a Nintendo guy, but voted for Fallout 3. Brawl is only the fourth best Smash Bros game in actual gameplay imo. I feel certain that people voted for it because of the Subspace Emissary, which is admittedly the best single player mode in the entire series, but the core gameplay is too slow and floaty to earn my vote.