By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will be Switch 2 performance wise?

Your expectations

Performance ridiculously ... 0 0%

Really below current gen,... 2 100.00%

Slightly below current ge... 0 0%

On pair with current gen,... 0 0%

Total:2
zorg1000 said:
Chrkeller said:

Except real next gen games like Alan Wake 2 on the ps5 via performance mode is rendered sub 900p.  Switch 2 doesn't have a chance on God's green earth of 900p.  It will only get worse now that cross gen games are over. 

People seem to think upscaling is new via the switch 2.  Consoles have been upscaling for over a decade.  

Why are you responding to him? He’s an alt that will be permabanned by the end of the day.

Boredom.  Was in a conference call.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

As I said in a previous post. I think that the switch 2 gneration will last 14 years and it will be "upgraded" every four years.

BiON!@ 

Unless they make this thing essentially bezelless, it's gonna be huge! That could bode well for clocks/thermals/battery capacity, or it could allow them to use silicon based on an old chunky process, hopefully the former.

If it is as big as the screen size implies (if indeed this report proves true), then maybe they're targetting adults first, then will follow up with a smaller, kid-hand-friendly version down the line (when they can shrink the internals with a future node switch).

Guessing adults are the more lucrative market so would make sense to go for that segment first, as they're gonna sell out for the first couple of years anyway.

8 inch seems way to big. I would be surprised if it is that large.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

makes perfect since for a 8mm chip. probably got it dirt cheap or some kind of special deal then they will sell a slim in a few years and make crazy money on it.

Chrkeller said:

even just removeing / shrinking the area, thats lost to bezel sizes being really large on the switch, to the switch 2, could probably get it over 7,5".

The Switch 2, wouldn't need to be much bigger than the orginal switch, for a 8" screen.

I guess it could theoretically be a different aspect ratio, 18:9 for instance, though seems unlikely to me.

My biggest question is still storage, given the crazy sizes of games, and memory speed.

I'll play 99% docked. I hope pro controllers and switch cartridges are backwards compatible.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Biggerboat1 said:

I guess it could theoretically be a different aspect ratio, 18:9 for instance, though seems unlikely to me.

It needs to maintain the same aspect ratio to enable appropriate scaling of current Switch software.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--