By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What were the best 3rd/2nd party games on PS3/360 that never made it to PC?

Looking back at the PS3 and 360, they had amazing second and third party support. In some cases, those games can only be played on those systems or in backward compatibility. What are some of your favorite games from that generation that never made it over to PC? There’s definitely some gems that some of us might want to hear about. 

Around the Network

MGS 4
I've been itching to play it for years but I'm not dusting off my thiccc PS3 just to play it. I've had a feeling that they would remaster it for the pc/ps4/ps5 but instead we got the 19th remaster/remake of MGS 3. Konami is gonna Konami

The Army of Two series (Original, 40th day and Devil's Cartel) are a fun series of co-op third person shooters. They're a blast to play with a friend on couch co-op and they're PS3/360 only. Man, how I wish they'd make a new one. Barely any developer supports splitscreen these days.

I'm not the biggest Red Dead Redemption fan but even I think that it's the most famous example of a third party game that never made it to PC.

Tokyo Jungle is a pretty fun short game. My wife loves it lol

Demon's Souls is my favorite souls game (and my favorite PS3 game) though now you could just play the remake on PS5. The PS3 version is still great though!

Looks like we’ll eventually get those re-releases/remasters/remakes of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Red Dead Redemption that people have been wanting available for years on PC. I’ll have to keep thinking about what else I would find interesting.

Tokyo Jungle was interesting. Although I felt like I’d played a lot of it before I progressed enough to unlock story mode properly and figured out how to do that. By then I had my fill. Intriguing second party game. Leaderboards were still active when I last played it three years ago which surprised me for a ten year old game.

Around the Network

Asuras Wrath. It's a shame that game didn't get more attention and it never got a PC release. Though it's also known for being incomplete, with the DLC being the true ending.

Kind of second party (but a first party owned IP)...Gears of War 2, 3, and Judgement. These were second party games at the time. Gears 1 released on PC via a remaster that released on Xbox One as well, but the others never did. Just Gears 1, 4, and 5 are available on PC.

Project Gotham series and Resistance series spring to mind. Both great second party series.
Project Gotham 3 and 4 are probably never making another appearance, but if Sony showed interest in remastering the Resistance Trilogy that would be great.

The first two Infamous games were made while Sucker Punch was still second party.
I don’t remember any good official tennis games being made since Top Spin 4 which is a shame as that’s not on PC.

I also have a fondness for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which didn’t make it to PC.
I also enjoyed Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. May as well also mention Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction which also has its fans.

There are other great games, but I’m not as familiar with them or they haven’t sprung to mind immediately.

Silent Hill Downpour. I'm not sure if it's very good, but it never came to PC.

Lost Odyssey deserves a mention as a really well made JPRG from Hironobu Sakaguchi himself with a phenomenal soundtrack and a strong mix of old school and new school design philosophies.

Call of Duty 3 was a capable WW2 shooter that was somewhat overshadowed by its successor taking the series to new heights in popularity.

Gears of War 2, 3, and Judgement were published by Microsoft but developed by Epic/People Can Fly, so if you count those as second party, they're some of the best shooters of that generation.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Silent Hill Downpour. I'm not sure if it's very good, but it never came to PC.

It's not that good in all honesty and I'd recommend anyone against trying it, even starving hardcore Silent Hill fans. I read a bunch of reviews before buying a used copy and they all said "mixed bag". That's what it ended up being except that it leans more towards being bad than good.

It did have a couple of interesting ideas but the execution just wasn't there. I think the moment it lost me was when I spent 20 min searching for the combination for a locker in the game just to look it up later and find out that those lockers were part of a promotion/paid thing and you can't open them with anything in-game. You can imagine my reaction lol