By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake 2 PC Specs

In case you missed it, here are the system requirements for Alan Wake 2, the sequel to one of the best games from last decade.

Some dreams will be shattered...

Link to the image + IGN post

Around the Network

A 3070 for 1080p 60 Medium settings seems a bit much.

I wonder how well optimized the game will be as it seems the devs are trying to brute force halfway decent performance.

"One of the best games of last decade"

Prolly should preface that this is your opinion because this is not a general consensus I observed lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Prolly should preface that this is your opinion because this is not a general consensus I observed lol

"Last decade", not "All Times".

Also, both the critics and the users gave a very positive reception for both 360 and PC versions. Fans were claiming for a sequel for a long time. Should I say it is an "average" game?

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 22 October 2023

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Mar1217 said:

"Last decade", not "All Times".

Also, both the critics and the users gave a very positive reception for both 360 and PC versions. Fans were claiming for a sequel for a long time. Should I say it is an "average" game?

It did receive overall positive, mixed but moreso positive reviews at the time indeed. Both PC and X360 share the same 83 metacritic score. The DLC American's Nightware was a bit less so with 76.

In my book, this wouldn't constitute near anything at the top of the last decade but the game still got recognition for its ambitiousness graphically speaking and also back when the project was.more so a GTA like kind of game than the linear path it ended up being. 

A recognizable IP. That's pretty much what it is.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A big question is how it runs on console since if the performance mode runs at about 1080p and the quality mode at about 1440p on PS5 and Series X then this isn't that wild. A ton of people's rigs aren't ready for games that push current gen consoles hard since that's a big jump compared to ones that have to run on the PS4 and Xbox One so many PC's will need a upgrade in the coming year. There are certainly cases where optimization is poor and should've been better though.

Gonna need at least a 6090 to run this at 4k Native. Least DLSS should help till then.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm glad I finished my PC rebuild (after 18 months) in August and have a pretty good rig with a 7900 XT GPU and 5900X CPU. Other than Nintendo all my gaming will be done on PC. My only issue with Alan Wake 2 is the fact it is only on Epic Games Store on PC. At least it is only $50.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I'm one of those 93%.