By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Gran Turismo movie sucks big time.

The full list of people surprised by this shocking revelation:

Around the Network

Wait ... A possible middling movie made for as a quick popcorn flick and advertising for their racing sim franchise ?!

What else is new with Sony Pictures ?

Haven't heard actually bad things about it though. It's a decent watch. But so many movies can be at this level so why watch this one really appart for the racing cars ...
Like I'm not into cars but I'm not gonna blame someone who's into cars and actually enjoys it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Well it depends what you benchmarking it against? Lord of the Rings or realistic expectations for what such a movie on such a budget could be lol.

For a racing movie based on a true story about a game simulator it delivers what is expected. Still more realistic than fast and the furious 128393893

Cobretti2 said:

Well it depends what you benchmarking it against? Lord of the Rings or realistic expectations for what such a movie on such a budget could be lol.

For a racing movie based on a true story about a game simulator it delivers what is expected. Still more realistic than fast and the furious 128393893

It could of done without the in your face GT adverts imo.

The thing that i hated with this movie is how much of a clear advert it was for GT while being based on a true story, but putting bullshit stats into the mix like how GT is the most real driving sim ever etc etc.

All that its bullshit. They could of made the movie real had GT in it without all the shit adverts for the game making it look like its the best racing sim ever etc etc.

Just based it around the dude who won. How he played the game and went on to do good etc. not a massive GT advert...

Well that's sad to hear.. Not. I actually enjoyed it, and I didn't think it was possible for gt movie to work, but it did. I enjoyed it like I enjoyed the movie driven. Thought the acting was good, some good heartfelt moments, the racing scenes were great, and there was some fan service. It's definitely a movie i'd see again.

Around the Network

The third act is when it started to go downhill

Funny. Even my wife that doesn't like gaming or racing liked the movie. Well let's just say it is personal taste.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."