By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Mario Wonder 50m+ LT

IcaroRibeiro said:

Development cycles are getting longer. They will need to re-release Switch games to avoid having a barren catalog of games in their first 2~3 years. This doesn't mean they will not have new games, buy their software output will be smaller next gen. Maybe third parties can help filling their shop with ports of PS4 games. 

I don't think Switch titles re-released for the Switch 2 will have the same impact, remember 10's of millions have already experienced those titles.

..Which is not the same issue Mario Kart 8, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon, Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, New Super Mario Bros. U, Tokyo Mirage, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World and more suffered being WiiU titles that no one really played.

If someone wants to play those titles, they likely already have on Switch.

Obviously some double dippers will come to the party.

I think Nintendo would be better served re-releasing/remaking/remastering titles from the SNES, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy etc'.
Links Awakening was brilliant for instance.

And where is StarFox? Metroid? Donkey Kong?

Re-releases are actually getting boring. Full remakes like Links Awakening was brilliant, it showed some care and genuine effort.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

^ I can see more 2D Zelda remakes coming up.

Also, lots of opportunities in the Switch 2 with MK and SSB to begin from scratch with relatively few options and earn tons of money by adding season passes / DLCs.

haxxiy said:

^ I can see more 2D Zelda remakes coming up.

Also, lots of opportunities in the Switch 2 with MK and SSB to begin from scratch with relatively few options and earn tons of money by adding season passes / DLCs.

Yeaaaaa ... Not happening for MK at least, the game probably has been in production for a few years now or maybe is already content complete. If we go by MK standards, they're not gonna release a barebone ass Mario Kart just to trickle down the content afterward.

But add-on DLC like the booster course pass and the DLC waves we had on the WiiU ? Absolutely !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

haxxiy said:

Yeaaaaa ... Not happening for MK at least, the game probably has been in production for a few years now or maybe is already content complete. If we go by MK standards, they're not gonna release a barebone ass Mario Kart just to trickle down the content afterward.

But add-on DLC like the booster course pass and the DLC waves we had on the WiiU ? Absolutely !

I'm not saying barebones, just more like MKWii or DD than what MK8 is right now.

Time to change this thread to 20m instead of 50m lol

Around the Network

This is still coming for 30 million

Slownenberg said:

Because it had the biggest launch for a Super Mario title ever? Lol. Funny how people still don’t understand how sales work in some of these franchises. 

HyrulianScrolls said:
Slownenberg said:

Because it had the biggest launch for a Super Mario title ever? Lol. Funny how people still don’t understand how sales work in some of these franchises. 

Yup, this is basically what we are seeing right now

Vgchartz member-Mario Wonder won’t sell as much as Nintendo fans think

Nintendo-Mario Wonder is the fastest selling Mario title ever

Vgchartz member-See, I told you!

Now obviously 50 million is a big task but it’s hilarious that people are using “record-breaking sales” as an argument why it won’t happen.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Now obviously 50 million is a big task but it’s hilarious that people are using “record-breaking sales” as an argument why it won’t happen.

There is nothing record breaking about those sales when we are talking about switch and it's biggest titles to even have a chance at 50 million you would need a launch bigger then TOTK. smash sold 5 million in it's first week in 2019 on a much smaller user base you just need to common sense to see this is not going over 25 million.

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

There is nothing record breaking about those sales when we are talking about switch and it's biggest titles to even have a chance at 50 million you would need a launch bigger then TOTK. smash sold 5 million in it's first week in 2019 on a much smaller user base you just need to common sense to see this is not going over 25 million.

“There is nothing record breaking about breaking that record”

We have our new “global in the US” & “fall off a cliff” folks.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.